Chapter 41 - He Shines So Brightly In This Little Store

Legosi and Louis walked along in the shopping square, Legosi holding the bag of clothes, tail wagging wildly as he walked next to Louis.

Louis was grinning. "You're so cute...As a friend..."

Legosi looked back at him. "So are you!...As a friend. Anyway, where should we go next?" The early winter sun was already low in the sky.

"Hm...Let's just walk and see what we come across." He said, moving alongside him. "What do you think of the cold weather?"

"I...enjoy it well enough, I guess. Wolves tend to like cold weather and I do too, but I also really like the summer." Legosi knew this was due to his heritage, but now wasn't the time to talk about that.

"I don't know how I feel about weather in general. It's so random. One day it could be pouring and the next day it could be clear skies. I suppose that's how I feel about emotions."

"I always like rainy days. Jack thinks I'm crazy for it."

"I can see him thinking that," Louis said. He looked at the windows of shops as they passed by. They walked past a scarf shop with a bored looking bear female inside at the counter.

Legosi slowed down, looking at it with a cock of the head. "Huh, a store that just sells scarves?"

"Well, scarves can have tons of designs, I guess." Louis kept walking. Don't go inside...Don't go inside... Truth was, he loved scarves too much.

"It's only going to get colder out. We should each get one."

He looked at him. "Uh..."

"You'd look really cute in this one, Louis!" Legosi was at the window now, pointing to a white scarf with a green mosaic pattern.

Louis turned, blushing. "Would I...?"

The wolf nodded. "Oh, and there are others with the same design but different colors! We could get matching ones..."

Louis blushed more. "Well, um."

The canine stared at him with those kind eyes, his teeth showing slightly.

The deer came closer. "See any...others you like?"

"Well, we'd have to go inside to see." His tail was wagging, but of course it had barely stopped since the trip started.

Louis grabbed it. "Calm down there, buster."

Legosi made a noise between a gasp and a hiccup, and his foot began to tap to make up for his tail being restricted.

Louis stepped on it gently. "Legosi."

Legosi squeezed his eyes shut tight as his arms began to twitch. He took a few deep breaths before he could completely calm down.

Louis put a hand on his arm. "Are you good now?"

He opened his eyes. "Yeah. I'm just so excited to be out with you, finally."

"Yeah, we have been in the dorm a lot lately."

"So, wanna go in?" Legosi gestured toward the door with his head.

"Okay, fiiine." He pulled him along and opened the door, the little bell chiming. The bear looked up, head leaving her hand.

Legosi's ears flicked. It was nice and warm inside, and had a pleasant smell. Probably from candles. Colorful scarves of all sorts were folded up on display all along the walls.

The bear smiled. "I see you two are a lovely couple looking for some scarves." She had a very chill tone and heavy eyes.

Legosi froze in his tracks, eyes wide and unblinking as he was facing away from the shop owner. He looked behind him, to see who she might have been talking to.