Chapter 74 - Enter, the Sheep

Finally, the school came into view.

    Legosi barely noticed the time pass as they came to their home, walking through the door. He dropped his suitcase on the floor, took off his shoes, and walked over to the bed and sat down.

    Louis looked at him, not saying anything.

    The wolf's eyes suddenly adopted a certain intensity, and he brought his phone out again, typing away furiously.

    "It was outside of the school. No way to tell who did it," Legosi stated, his voice bereft of emotion.

    "Of course...Maybe we shouldn't worry about it. Let's just rest."

    "They were both in the drama club...I think it was the same killer..."

    "Legosi."

    Legosi stood up, shouting. "It had to have been!" He slunk back a bit after his outburst, holding his head and sitting back down.

    "You don't want to worry about it later?"

    "I-I..." The wolf held his head still, his breathing becoming more erratic.

    Louis crossed his arms. "Calm down."

    The canine used his other hand to grab the covers, still breathing heavily.

    Now, the buck came over.

    Legosi looked up. The room seemed to spin.

    The deer grabbed his arm. "Legosi." How many times could he say it?

    In an instant, Legosi wrapped his arms tightly around Louis, breathing into his chest rapidly.

    "Hey!"

    The wolf brought them both down so they were lying on the bed. He clutched his deer, lying on their sides.

    "Calm down, I'm here..."

    "L-Louis." It was barely a whisper.

    "Legosi..."

    The wolf cleared his throat, his breathing slowing down slightly.

    "I'm here," he repeated.

    Legosi rolled on top of him, wrapping his arms and legs around him while also keeping most of his weight off of him. His breathing slowed even more. "You're...you're...safe..."

    "This is dangerous, you know."

    The canine sniffed. "Wh...what?"

    "Being here. It's dangerous to all herbivores."

    "Wh-what do we do?"

    "They should shut down the school, in my opinion."

    Legosi stayed quiet. He began to stroke Louis' arm.

    "But if they don't, we need to be cautious."

"Yeah...yeah..." He sniffed and retreated into Louis more. "Do you think...everyone else is alright now?"

    "I'm not sure..."

    Legosi sighed. "Most of them are still probably at home." He pulled his phone out again, scrolling through the messages.

    "We should go to the funeral."

    "Yeah." Legosi typed some messages back. "Louis...you know it was probably a carnivore in the drama club, right?"

    "I do."

    "...I'm worried. Pina texted me and said he can't get in contact with Bill." Legosi swallowed. "But...there's no way..."