Chapter 75 - Enter, the Tiger

It was the next day that the official announcement was distributed. The murder, and the suspension of the drama club, as well as the extension of the holiday. Because of this, most animals stayed home, forcing Pina to stay with Legosi and Louis.

    Louis sighed. "Sorry you two, I know you liked the club."

    The two animals he was talking to were lying on the bed, playing a co-op game. They barely left the room, and if they did, all three would go together. It was nice, at least, seeing the wolf and sheep become genuine friends now.

    "I understand and agree with the decision," Legosi said, voice still sad.

    "Gives us more time to focus on the investigation," Pina offered.

    "True. Where do we begin?" Louis asked.

    Pina pursed his lips, sticking his tongue out in concentration as he clacked the buttons. "Well, we have to wait for everyone to get back so we can observe them."

    "So, what do we know?"

    The sheep laughed. "Funny how you guys are piling all this on your junior!"

    "Well, you were the one that sort of started it," Legosi pouted.

    "Legosi, let's see if you've been paying attention." Pina pat his back. "Give us the scoop."

    Legosi paused the game. "Well, we concluded that Els was killed by the same carnivore that killed Tem. That would most likely lead to them being in the drama club. Juno is off the list, since she wasn't in the drama club at the time of Tem's death, and so is Kai, since Dom was talking to him at the time of Els' death."

    "And so are you," Pina reminded.

    Louis nodded. "Phew."

    "Yeah, so at least one of us isn't dating a murderer, probably," the skinny animal looked down at the floor.

    "Probably."

    "Unpause, Legosi. I wanna play some more."

    The wolf did so, and the two continued.

    Louis joined them on the bed. "So...Should we split up and search for clues?"

    Pina smirked at the deer. "Wow, you're eager. I doubt there's anything in the school we could find right now, and we'd be caught if we went into any of the dorm rooms. We should also not split up under any circumstance." He flipped his head, twirling a lock of wool. "It's like you want to get killed."

    "Sometimes."

    Legosi tensed up. The sheep responded. "Well, don't drag us down with you. With the school so empty, we'll be really suspicious snooping around, even if we do split up. We need to let this thing settle."

    "But that might take too long."

    Pina turned to Louis, looking annoyed. "Too long for what?"

    "If we just let it lie, someone else could be killed."

    "What do you think we should do?" the sheep now turned the question on the deer.

    "Oh. Uh...Not sure."

    Pina sighed. "I know you want to find out as soon as possible. I do too. But right now, I think all we can do is wait." He pulled his phone out again to check it.

    "Still no Bill?" The deer tilted his head a bit.

    "Still no Bill."

    "Maybe his phone died and he doesn't have his charger?" Legosi suggested.