Chapter 28 - Legosi Climbs the Mountain (The Third Hell Month: Legosi Part 2)

Legosi put together his plan soon after he found out the Horns Conglomerate building had a living space inside. He set out Saturday morning, wearing his casual clothes and hoodie, along with a backpack with some food in it.

    He and Haru had become friends over the past few months, and he would help her out in the gardening club from time to time, since she was the only member. When he told her what he was doing, and asked if she wanted to come, she had just smiled at him and told him it was something he should do on his own.

    Legosi left the school grounds at the crack of dawn, the early morning sun streaking across the sky and painting the clouds with brilliant pinks. The morning held a briskness to it, his breath visible whenever he exhaled. The subway wasn't too crowded, since it was an early morning on the weekend, so Legosi was actually able to sit. The ride would be about half an hour. It certainly gave him time to think.

    He felt a torrent of emotions in his chest. Anxiety, excitement, dread, love. They all did battle with each other, one reaching the top of the hill before being pulled down by the others moments later.

    The biggest fear on his mind though, was whether or not he'd actually be there. He was risking it all on a hunch, but...He HAS to be there. He just HAS to be.

    Legosi sniffed himself. Jack had sprayed him with cologne before he left. He shook his head and chuckled.

    He stared at his phone, open to the months of messages that had piled up and sent to Louis:

    Legosi: I'm coming to get you, Louis.

=^.^=

The Horns Headquarters was an old building, huge and intimidating. There was a stone wall surrounding it, and a metal gate blocking the road leading to it. Only people on business were probably allowed in...

    Well, I am on business! He walked up to the buzzer, and pressed it.

    Someone answered. "Yes? Who is it?"

    Legosi cleared his throat. "My name is Legosi the gray wolf. I'm here to see Louis the red deer."

    "What's your business with the son of Oguma?" The voice asked.

    "I'm his friend." He said it firmly.

    "I'm sorry, Louis is not available at this time." The animal behind the voice had been warned about Legosi. He wasn't supposed to let him in.

    Legosi groaned in frustration. "At least tell him I was here, then. That I wanted to see him."

    "Okay. Sure. I'll do that. Have a good day." The receiver turned off.

    Legosi growled. He knew that wouldn't happen. He looked around, spying some cameras. He walked out of range of one of them, and away from the wall so he could see the windows of the upper floors.

    Most of them seemed to have their curtains drawn, and if they were open nothing of note could be seen. He walked around the perimeter, taking the building in. Scoping out, sizing up, looking for a good place to strike and get his prey.

    ...WHAT.

    Legosi shook his head. No, no, no, no, no, that is NOT happening again. His hunting instincts had nothing to do with this. He knew that. Every time he was with Louis, he never had the desire to eat him. The only time he did was when he didn't know it was him. And when he did know it was him, he stopped.

    Still, that thought worried him.

    Louis was in an office, arguing with his father over the whole situation. The deer was upset with Oguma about not giving Shogi a raise like he said he would look into and Oguma was upset at him for continuing to be friends. They argued back and forth about it and it led to them arguing about other things, mainly the kidnapping and the fact that it was Louis' fault for being so vulnerable.