Chapter 83 - The Arcade (Dom and Kai)

Dom and Kai walked throughout the mall, separated from their friends. They never walked super close or even held hands due to how the mongoose was. By now, Legosi and Louis had left and Pina and Bill began exiting.

    Kai looked around. "Yeah, I think we can say we've been officially ditched."

    "Try texting them," Dom suggested.

    "No, I mean, Legosi just texted me saying he and Louis are going back. And I don't feel like texting Pina. He and Bill are probably fucking in a dumpster somewhere."

    "In a dumpster?" The bird blinked. "Kai."

    "You're right. Pina would never get dirty." The mongoose puffed his cheeks out and swung his arms in a carefree way, looking around the mall.

    Dom put his hands on his hips. "Yay!"

    Kai turned around to face him. "Yay?"

    "We can finally have a date!"

    Kai looked down at the large winged hands on his small hips. "Um, I guess so, huh?"

"Yes!" He clapped.

    The feliformia cleared his throat, his face on fire. They never really went on a date before. They never really did...anything before. He looked around some more. "Uh, wanna hit up that arcade we saw on the way in?"

    "That sounds fun!" Dom smiled, blinking his long lashes at him.

    "Haha, okay!" Kai, still blushing, headed in the direction of the arcade.

    Dom had a skip as he walked alongside him. Kai was small so he had a crowded view of the mall, but thanks to the bird's long neck, he almost had a clear view of everything. They were so different.

    "You seem happy,"  Kai observed.

    Dom nodded. "We're finally having a date!"

    "I mean, yeah. Sorry it kinda sucks."

    "No, it doesn't!"

    Kai blinked. "Oh. Is that...is that a snap then?"

    "If you feel like it is."

    Dom's boyfriend continued walking forward. "Have you ever been to an arcade before?"

    "Not really...I haven't got out much."

    "I used to go with my brothers and sisters a lot. They're a lot of fun." Kai now had a smile on his face.

    "Is that how you became a little dork?" He pinched both his ears.

    Instead of snapping like usual, Kai looked thoughtful. "...Oh my god, you could be right..." he said quietly, before laughing.

    The bird smiled, lovingly. "My little dork~"

    "H-hey, I'm my own man." Kai laughed even more.

    "You make that very clear, sometimes."

    "Hm? What do you mean by that?"

    "Nothing! Nothing!"

    The small carnivore grumbled. "Ya weirdo." The smile was still on his face.

    "Hehe~ I know~ Nerd~" They always called each other names, playfully, of course.

    Kai pointed a finger at the peafowl. "Dorkus McDonglemier!" he said, with bravado in his voice.

    "Yeesh! Sounds like you're the dork to come up with a name like that."

    "Uh, really? Cuz that's your name. I didn't give it to you. Your parents did."