Chapter 87 - Refusal and Realization

Legosi followed his deer outside, not seeing him like this since they were at Horns.

    The deer moved quickly toward the school with purpose, hands curled up into fists. "You should have known this would be my reaction."

    "I know." Legosi caught up to him and reached for his hand to hold.

    Louis gripped it. "I'm pissed. This is fucked up."

    "I know..."

    They got to the doors, which Louis pulled open, allowing them to enter and start their way down the hall to Gon's office.

    The hallways were eerily empty for a school day. Everyone must have gone straight back to their rooms.

    In no time, Louis was bursting through the doors of Gon's office, startling the tiger. "Gon-san!"

    Legosi covered his face, realizing he didn't tell the principal that Louis would also be coming, or that...this would happen.

    The tiger jumped. "Legosi-kun, Louis-kun! What's all this about?"

    Louis slammed his hand on the desk. "You told Legosi to leave our dorm?"

    The feline adjusted his glasses. "Rules are rules. Segregation begins next year and every carnivore and herbivore is going to be split up."

    The deer squinted. "That's bullshit. Legosi and I are just fine. Did they not take into account that every carnivore is different?!"

    Legosi stood there, fidgeting. Louis was the true ferocious one.

    "What?" Gon blinked.

    "Legosi still has never tried to eat me. He's never even hurt me! This is fucking ridiculous!"

    The older animal's head reared back. "Language, Louis-kun!"

    The wolf flinched at his fiance's lie, and how mad he was getting. But he knew he couldn't stop it now.

    The tiger cleared his throat. "Didn't you say you tried to eat Louis in spring?"

    The deer's head turned to Legosi.

    The canine cleared his throat. "I-it's alright, Louis. He knows..."

    "That doesn't help our case!" His lover snapped.

    "Th-there wasn't a case when I told him! I'm sorry!"

    "Yes there was! Tem was killed just before that!"

    "But Gon-san knows I won't hurt you! He supports us! This is out of his control!"

    Louis crossed his arms. "We refuse to follow these rules."

    Legosi held his hands up. "E-enough. Gon-san, I'm going to be dropping out."

    The cat blinked, then shook his head. "Come again?"

    "If this school is going to be segregated, I'm dropping out."

    "But you only have a year left!"

    "I don't want to be in a school that can't even protect its own students! There's no use staying here."

    Gon looked hurt. He opened his mouth to say something, then took a moment and finally said; "I'm sorry."

    Legosi's angry expression softened, and he walked over to the principal. "Gon-san, it's not your fault. I know you're trying your hardest."

    "Will you be finishing your education somewhere else?" Gon asked.