I don't know if it was the mate bond making me do this or just general curiosity but I stepped out of my hiding place and made myself visible.

 ''I'm fine see, you're happy now?'' I whisper.

His neck snaps in my direction and his expression changes to one of relief. He attempts to take a step forward but I stop him. ''You can leave now,'' I say sharply and he halts. His gaze meets mine from across the office then he nods his head.

 ''Very well,'' he whispers lowly and leaves.

My gaze follows his retreating back and I have to grab on to the nearest desk to stop myself from running after him. My wolf whimpers in sadness at the sight of our mate walking away from us but I push her back. 

Wait did he say mate bond? Is that why I'm feeling what I'm feeling right now, holy crap! I need to stop this, I need to block him out. But how do I do it?

''Ms. Athena, are you okay?'' I hear a timid voice from my left. I look up to see a blonde girl looking at me worriedly. She was fairly tall and had shoulder length hair.

''Ma'am are you okay? You look...umm...here, have some water,'' she offers and walks to the nearest dispenser then hands me the glass.

''Thank you, Summer,'' I take the glass and gulp down the cold water. She smiles at me widely, mostly because she thought I wouldn't remember her name. 

''I hope you feel better, you are strong ma'am, you can get over anything, it's one of the reasons I joined this company. You're like umm....my role model,'' she says sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck.

A genuine smile forms on my face at her revelation. ''That really made my day, thank you Summer. I wish you all the best,'' I pat her back and walk towards my cabin.

''Athena hey, the hot guy who came with Charles the other day was here, he was looking for someone I guess. You have any idea about it?''

''Don't know, don't care,'' I reply and walk past her desk. 

''Okay.... umm, so hey...'' she gets up and follows me. ''I've done everything I needed to do and its almost noon, mind if I leave?''

''Yeah, sure, you can go.''

''Cool, thanks, so I'll see you Monday,'' Nancy squeals in excitement. I give her a small smile in return. ''Pass my regards to your parents.''

''I sure will. Ohh one more thing before I leave,'' she says then pauses, which makes me look up from my laptop, ''alcohol helps,'' she winks and walks out.

I spend the rest of the afternoon on the phone with the representative from the Grey group, going through the details of the clothing line, the samples, the photo-shoot, which will now take place a month later. It's four o'clock and I'm about to leave when my phone rings, ''Hello?''

''Hello, good evening, am I speaking to Ms. Athena Robinson?'' The voice, which is definitely female says from the other side.

''Yes, this is she,'' I respond.

"Ms. Robinson, I'm calling from the organization committee of the Fashion awards that are taking place a week from now. My name is Jennifer and I'm just doing a follow up on whether you received our invite for showcasing some of your hit designs at the show?'' she asks.

''I'm sorry, please come again? Showcasing my designs? I'm afraid I've received no such invite. I only have the invitation card for attendance, '' I reply shocked at why I have no clue of this.

''Well this is weird, our records show that the invite was collected.''

''Do your records have the name of person who collected it?'' I ask her.