✏️Sketches✏️

(This request was made by Smol_Loki! Enjoy!)

It was raining outside so Mumbo stayed in and decided to chill out for the day. He didn't really have much he could do so he grabbed one of his sketch books and started drawing.

He used some references of trees and other things to help him and they seemed to turn out good so after a while he closed the book and went to the kitchen to make something to eat.

As he was cooking he heard a knock at the door. It was still raining pretty hard so he was confused as to why someone would be outside. He answered it and saw Grian standing there.

Mumbo rolled his eyes. "What is it now, Grian?" He asked. Grian jumped up and down excitedly. "Mumbo! There's a bunch of puddles out here!", he said, "Let's jump in em' together!"

Grian waited for Mumbo to say yes, but got a no instead. "Sorry Grian", he said, "I'm making some dinner and also I don't wanna get wet." Grian pouted. "Well can I at least come in?" He asked.

Mumbo hesitated, but got a towel and let him inside. Grian put the towel on the couch and sat down. Meanwhile, Mumbo went to the the kitchen to keep making the food.

Grian looked around a bit before noticing a book on Mumbo's desk. He checked the kitchen to make sure Mumbo wasn't looking at him, then snuck over to the desk to see what was in it.

He opened the book and was amazed to see beautiful drawing of things on the island. Grian kept flipping through until he stopped. He saw a page with his name on it.

There was a whole section in the book made after him. Well drawn pictures of him flying, standing, smiling, etc. He wasn't creeped out by the drawings at all, he was the opposite.

A feeling of warmth filled his heart as he flipped through the pages. Reading all the small sentences about how Mumbo really felt about him.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps and closed the book. Grian ran back to the couch and acted as natural as possible. Mumbo walked over to him and handed him a bow of spicy ramen and a glass of iced tea.

"Eat up, Grian." Mumbo said as he sat next to him. Grian nodded and lifted the noodles up to his mouth. He blew on them and then ate them. He smiled widely. "Mumbo this is so good!" He exclaimed, eating more.

Mumbo chuckled. "Thanks, Gri." He said, beginning to eat his. They ate and talked for a while. After they were done, Mumbo took their dishes to the kitchen and put them in the sink.

He then came back and saw Grian still sitting on the couch. "Well, bye then Grian. It was nice talking to you!" He said. Grian then got up and stared him in the eyes. He was hesitant at first, but was able to blurt our what he wanted to say.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" He exclaimed. Mumbo was confused. "Wh-what do you mean?" He asked nervously. Grian pointed to the sketch book on the desk. "You have beautiful drawings in that book! And a lot of them are of me!" He said.

Mumbo's face flushed red in embarrassment. "Why did you look in there?!" He asked. "Because I was curious! How was I supposed to know you felt the same way!" Grian replied. Mumbo stopped. So did Grian.

"Y-you.... you do?" Mumbo asked. Grian nodded. "For a long time too. Ya spoon." He said. Mumbo laughed. He then walked over to the desk and grabbed the sketch book.

He handed it to Grian. "Here. Now if it's pouring hard you'll have this. You won't need to visit me as long as I'm in your thoughts." Mumbo said. Grian smiled. "Thank you." He said as he gave Mumbo a hug.

Mumbo smiled as well. "You're very welcome, Gri."