🔇Shattered in Silence🔇

(Angst, cursing, and drinking!!!)

It was cold outside, and Grian was doing some shopping. He needed a few stacks of sand for a project he was doing and didn't have time to collect it himself. He found the stand where they sold it and bought a few stacks.
As he was walking, he saw that there was a new shop open. It was apparently a bar. He hadn't been in the shopping district in a while so he was surprised to see it. It had been open for a few weeks now.
He went inside and looked around. There wasn't too many people, but enough to make a good pay. Then, he saw Mumbo sitting at a table in a far corner. Grian ran over to him, but as he got closer, he saw that he wasn't alone. Mumbo was not only drunk off his mind, but he was also cheating on him with Doc. They were flirting with each other and their descriptions for very deep into detail, so deep that it was disgusting. Grian furiously tapped on Mumbo's shoulder, when he turned around, Grian could smell his rancid alcohol breath without him even speaking, and when he did it was even worse. "Wh-whats up?" He asked with a drunken voice. Grian became even more angry. "You drunk bastard!" He shouted, "You're cheating on me and you don't even care!" Then he slapped Mumbo across the face and stormed out of the room.

THE NEXT DAY...

Mumbo was feeling a lot better when he woke up, but he forgot all about what happened. He decided to go to Grian's place and chill out.
When he got there, he saw Grian at his desk writing something. "Hey baby~" he said, "whatcha writing cute stuff?" Grian was so mad at that moment that he snapped his pencil in half and turned to Mumbo.
His face was flushed red and his eyes were swollen from what seemed like tears. Mumbo stepped back. "Woah! Love! What happened?" He asked. "What happened?" Grian reiterated, "You! You're cheating on me!"
Mumbo was confused. "What do you mean?! I never cheated on you! I would never do anything to hurt you baby." He said, trying to reassure him. Grian wasn't having any of it. He threw a stack of papers from his desk with only the one he was writing on remaining.
He snatched it off the desk and forcefully gave it to Mumbo, then he flew off in tears. He looked at it. Mumbo, you are a dirty cheater! I never want to see your disgusting drunk face again you asshole! -Grian
It was short, but it hurt nevertheless. He decided to go to Ren who was the only one not drinking yesterday, because he was the bartender.
Mumbo went back to the bar and everyone stared at him, knowing what he did. He shyly walked up to Ren to ask what he had done.
"Oh man! You fucked up!" Ren said. "What did I do?!" Mumbo asked as tears streamed down his red cheeks. Ren chuckled. "You and Doc wouldn't stop talking about how much you wanted to fuck each other! Honestly, it was pretty hilarious to me." He said, putting away a glass he had just cleaned. Mumbo facepalmed.
"No wonder Grian is so pissed!" He said with realization. Mumbo then flew over the shopping district to find Grian. As he was gliding, he saw someone sitting near the shore, it had to be him.
He swooped down and walked towards Grian. "Grian?" He asked. He turned around and sure enough, it was definitely him. Mumbo took a deep breath in and sat beside him.
"Listen, Gri. I was drunk! You know people do stupid things when they're drunk." He said. "That's not the problem." Grian told him. Mumbo was confused. "Then what is the problem?" He asked. Grian sighed. "It's that you never told me you were doing this or that you were going to do this." He said, resting his head on Mumbo's shoulder.
Mumbo felt ashamed. "I'm sorry, baby." He said, "I promise I'll never do this again." Grian looked up at him and smiled. "That's all I can ask, isn't it?" He replied with a giggle.