🥧Cherry Pie🥧(ALTERNATE ENDING)

(Y'all were cryin about the og ending so here)

Mumbo went back home and saw Grian looking through all the kitchen cabinets. He was confused so he shut as many as he could and tried to calm him down. "Grian!", he said, placing his hand on Grian's shoulder, "Is everything ok?"

Grian turned to him and he was sweating. "Mumbo I need to bake a pie!" He exclaimed. Mumbo chuckled. "But you already made one!" He said, pointing to the pie on the table.

Grian sighed. "Mumbo. When did I make that pie?" He asked.

"Yesterday?" Mumbo said, not knowing what Grian was going on about.

"Exactly. The crust is stale and the cherries are old!" Grian said. Mumbo then realized he was right.

"Well don't you have more ingredients back at your cottage?" Mumbo asked. "I do, but that's an awfully far walk..." Grian said.

Mumbo smirked. "Is that a challenge?" He asked. Grian rolled his eyes. "Mumbo you are not-" before he could finish, Mumbo was already out the door and heading to the woods to get to the cottage.

He was having a nice time, enjoying the sounds of the birds and seeing butterflies flutter around. It was all going great until a blurry figure dropped down from the trees and startled him.

Mumbo fell backwards and trembled. "Wait please, Lord! I've been a good man! Don't send me to hell!" He exclaimed, believing he would be sent to heaven's gates. The figure laughed. "I'm not Jesus, idiot."

He knew that voice. Mumbo looked up and saw that it was Scar. He helped him up. "Scar! What are you doing out here?" Mumbo asked. "Well, I was just enjoying a nice walk in the woods when I heard a quarrel between some wolves. I find where they are and it's at this cottage. They must've murdered someone because there was red all over them!" He explained.

In that moment, Mumbo's heart sank. "Grian's ingredients!" He exclaimed, pushing Scar out of the way. Scar was confused, so he followed Mumbo.

They shortly ended up at the cottage where the door was broken and the kitchen was a mess. Mumbo was able to shoo the wolves away and see what was left. Sadly, there was only one more jar of cherries. There was no time to make more batter because the festival was that day.

Mumbo looked at the jar and then held it close to his chest. "Grian was so excited... this is all my fault..." he said with a shaky voice. Scar put his hand on Mumbo's shoulder to comfort him. "There, there Mumbo. I'm sure whoever this Grian guy is wont be mad." He said.

Mumbo clenched his fist and threw the jar to the ground, causing glass to shatter everywhere. He ran out of the cottage and back into the woods. Scar tried to follow him, but he was too fast. At some point he lost Mumbo in the trees.

Mumbo's legs got tired so he sat down by a tree and planted his face in his hands. He suddenly felt something touch his leg. He looked up and saw Grian staring back at him. Mumbo was too ashamed to look into his eyes.

Grian sighed and sat down beside him. "Mumbo", he said, "I know what happened." Those words only made Mumbo feel worse.

"Grian I'm so sorry..." he said with a shaky voice. Grian rested his head on Mumbo's shoulder and held his hand. "I don't need pie to be me. All I need is my soul and a bit of love and did the wolves take that?" He asked.

Mumbo shook his head. "Then nothing has changed." Grian said. Mumbo looked at him and smiled. "Yeah... I guess you're right..." he said, wiping his tears.

They both got up and it was very dark. Mumbo was about to start walking when Grian stopped him. "What's wrong, Grian?" He asked. Grian hesitated, but gave Mumbo a kiss on the cheek.

Mumbo turned red. "G-Grian?" He asked nervously. Grian smiled at him. "We're still going to the festival, right?" He asked. Mumbo smiled back and nodded. "Of course!"

The two walked back to Mumbo's house and went to sleep. In the morning, they got ready and headed to the festival.

There was music playing and everyone was having a wonderful time eating fruits and playing games. Mumbo turned to Grian and saw a frown. "Why are you sad?" He asked. Grian looked up at him. "Oh it's just... I wonder what it would be like if I had a pie." He said.

Mumbo laughed. "It would be just the same." He said. Grian smirked at his remark. "Yeah. Yeah it would."

The two enjoyed the festival and had a wonderful day together. And Grian even agreed to live with Mumbo and start a bakery in town to sell his delicious pies.