"We are here," he whispers mischievously and his excitement quickly diminishes my previous stubbornness.

I hear him open the door after gently placing my hand in my lap. The cold air greedily cradle the emptiness that follows his lacking presence.

I exhale deeply as silence quickly follows to my door being opened.

"You should wear my slides in the back," he suggests as the cold air nibbles on my exposed cheeks.

I quickly divert my confusion to the aching that blisters my feet.

"Okay," I croak before rapidly mustering my voice to repeat myself.

He returns back to my seat after the trunk shuts and I feel his presence kneel before me.

"Here," he says gently while slowly manoeuvring my body outside the door until my feet hover over the ground.

I wince as he removes each heel ever so fragile. He massages each foot before placing the slides over them. My heart returns to my throat.

"The size isn't ideal but at least your feet can relax," he laughs. I try to hide the bleeding that pounds the insides of my cheeks while the prickles of his touch resonate across my feet.

"Thanks," I manage. I wish I could better express my appreciation towards his thoughtfulness but the nerves mask any effort.

He gently grabs my hand and helps me get out of the car. I consolidate my heart and rehearse my reaction. I have never been good at surprises.

I follow his grip, completely heedless to the blindness of my state. The guards of my submission involuntarily surrender to him.

We abruptly stop and my heartbeat skyrockets beyond our solar system.

"I know you have a weird fascination for old buildings so I thought..." He halts his train of speech to unfasten the blind fold.

My eyes quickly adjust to my immediate vicinity. I stare at his anticipating face and then the sign behind him. My throat clogs and I capitulate any attempt at neutrality. The tears fail to contain their patience. Everything floods.

"Adam, I....." I start through fogged vision.

He swiftly comes towards me and uses his thumbs to benevolently dissipate the aftermath of my shock.

"You don't like it?" He asks with worried eyes while slightly lifting my chin to face him.

"It's not that, its just..." I peer up at him and the emotions consume me; the vulnerability returns in full force. My lips whimper as I try to find the right words to express my gratitude under his gentle gaze.

"I know," he whispers and pulls me into an embrace. I feel so small in comparison; so weak. I decide that nothing in the world could replicate this feeling of security. This feeling of home.

"Stop crying Aam," he rubs the small of my back.

I sniffle under his hold and feel the rush of embarrassment as I try to find Kleenex.

"Here," he passes me the handkerchief from his suit. I quickly recollect myself and try to bathe my nerves in ice.

"Thanks," I whisper through a runny nose and the salty tears that pool at my lips.

I return to the little cafe my heart grew fond of not long ago and the sign that boasts this in neat cursive print.

Aamirah's cafe

"So its mine now," I try to joke as we both stare at the bright light.

"All yours Aam," he says delicately while watching me in adoration. I freeze in horror at my potential state. Not even the best waterproof makeup could have defeated the power of my tears.