Thirty One

You woke up feeling dizzy. Your head was spinning and it took a moment for your vision to come back to normal. You slowly sat up and felt pain in your back again. You remember fainting, you remember what happened with Rick. You sighed and sat there waiting for the pain in your back to be less intense. You were in your room.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. "Come in?" You said, and in walked the doctor. "Glad to see you're awake." He said walking towards you. "Not that I want to help you, but it's my job." He mumbles and you frowned.
"And why not?" You asked feeling sorry for yourself.
"You're from Rick's group. They killed a lot of my friends."

You stayed silent as the doctor checked you over. There was no use trying to back yourself up. After all, you didn't belong here anyway.

"You're free to go. Just take two of these a day, and make sure you change the wound often. Maybe ask someone to help you." He then left the room and you shook your head. You took one of the pills he gave you and you got changed. You walked over to your door and locked it. You then went to bed to sleep. You were so tired, and drained from all that had happened. You just wanted sleep.

As you were sleeping, you had a strange dream. Two blurred figures were arguing over you and your wellbeing. You tried to call out to them but they weren't able to hear you. Everything you said, everything you did failed and the dream just kept reapeating that state. You felt like you had heard those words before, but you couldn't pinpoint where.

You woke up from your long sleep in the early hours of the morning You checked the clock and it was 7am. You stretched, as far as your body would let you and you took another pill before getting dressed and heading out. What troubled you is that Negan hadn't come to visit you, nor did he seem to be around. You erased him from your mind for the time being and walked down the stairs to the food hall. You helped yourself to some breakfast and went to sit outside. People were already working, doing their jobs and chores. Once you had finished eating you got up and decided to try and find Elena. You felt you could use her company honestly and it would be refreshing to spend time with someone other then Negan or Simon.

You walked up into the corridors and as you turned a corner you bumped into Simon. "Shit, sorry." You mumbled as you looked up at him. He looked down at you with sadness in his eyes, he wasn't wearing a shirt and his shoulder was exposed, showing his bandage where you had shot him. You felt a wave of guilt wash over you and you raised your hand to the bandage, letting your fingers graze the material. Simon just stared at you.

"I'm so sorry." You said.

"Okay." 

You looked up at him and stepped back slightly. "Okay?"

"I don't care anymore. I've had a long night. I haven't slept well. I'm sick of this bullshit. I don't care what excuses you have. If you can't see that I care about you, then I'm done."

This was coming out of nowhere and you felt very confused. "Simon I-"

"Enough Y/N. I always have your back. Protect and help you. Give you the benefit of the doubt. But now? I've been walked over enough times. I do not let people treat me like that. But you? I let you. Why? Because I care, a lot. I want to be there for you, I know Negan doesn't deserve you and I sure as hell don't. But whatever Y/N, I've come to accept I'm not important to you at all. You shot me in the fucking shoulder, and still last night I was questioning whether or not to still be there for you." He stopped and shook his head, placing his hands on his hips. He took a step closer to you and grimaced slightly. "Now I'm done. You're on your own. I couldn't give a damn about you." His cold words shocked you. "S-simon?" He walked away and you watched him leave. 

You felt terrible. All Simon did for you was be there for you, and you admit that you didn't take note of it. You weren't interested in him like that and with everything going on you forgot to notice him as a human being.

You sighed and made your way back to your room. You didn't want to talk to anybody now. You felt like shit and you didn't ask for any of this.

You went to open your door but you paused. It was already open a crack? But you have the key. You slowly pushed the door open...