Nine

WARNING:
Triggering content. Mentions of rape. (I thought of this idea before the most recent episode and I'm so weirded out how coincidental it was)

***

You woke up to feel yourself being dragged out of bed. Opening your eyes you looked around and saw a large figure tugging at you. "What the fuck?" You struggled against the man you now saw above you. "Hey! Get off!" You cried and you suddenly noticed Negan standing at the doorway. "Get her to the cell." He said lowly. The man was holding you tightly and he stopped in front of Negan. "What?" He said smirking.

"You thought I was just going to let you get away with running off without some sort of punishment? Damn, that's hilarious." He chuckled and you scowled at him. "Negan, please!" You cried but you eventually gave up, knowing Negan wouldn't change his mind.

You were thrown into the cell, quite literally and you got up and glared at the man. "Asshole." You mumbled and he shut the cell door with a slam making you jump. You slumped against the wall and sighed. Of course he'd do something like that.

It was the middle of the night, so you attempted to fall back to sleep, but the floor was so hard and cold that all you could do was shiver in the corner of the room.

After a few solitary hours alone the door opened to see a man you hadn't seen before. "Mornin' honey," he said, smiling at you as he brought you some food. "You are way to cheerful this morning." You said taking the food gratefully. "Well this is now my favourite cell." He said chuckling. "Uh, why?" You asked, as the man crouched in front of you. "Oh, I think you can guess." He smirked and you suddenly felt self conscious and scared. "Get out!" You shouted shoving him, he hardly moved and he put his hand over your mouth. "Shut the fuck up." He whispered glaring at you. You tried screaming but they were just muffled. With his other hand he pulled you up so you stood up and he pushed you against the wall. "Please." You cried, a muffled voice still coming from beneath his hand. "Shh, I promise you'll enjoy this." He smiled. You kicked your legs but he was pressed up against you so much that there was no room to kick him. The man bent down to your chest and struggled against him.

Suddenly you heard a loud bang, making you both jump. The man let go of you instantaneously and you moved away from him. Negan came into view and you sank to the floor, scared of what had just happened and relieved Negan was there to help you.

"What is going on here?" Negan said, his eyes wide with excitement. "I was just telling her what's what." He answered, his voice shifting an octave higher as his hands were shaking. You smirked at how worried he was getting. "Wow. I didn't realise you were king of this place. Telling people what's what." Negan said, mimicking the man.

"Sorry Davey, but firstly, it's not gonna fly here. I'm the boss and if you can't respect that, well I'm afraid you'll suffer. And secondly, you were trying to rape this woman. That most certainly does not fly here. Ever. You ever try that shit again, and I swear to the high heavens above, I will murder your pathetic ass. This woman, did not deserve that, at all. Now you tell me, help me decide, because I really want to kill you right now, I can't have a rapey davey here,  where I emphasise a safe environment for my people, no siree. So, I guess that means you get the chop." Negan laughed loudly and Dave, as you were assuming was his name, was trembling with fear. He begged for Negan to let him go but Negan didn't listen. He gripped Lucille tightly and hit Dave hard, causing him to fall out of the doorway. Negan hit him again, and again, and then Dave stopped moving. Thankfully Negan hadn't hit him so far as to literally destroy his skull, but he was definitely dead.

You stayed in the corner, feeling a wave of emotion wash over you, and you started to cry. Negan turned around and eyed you  curiously. "Y/N?" He asked and you looked up. You couldn't see clear enough but you could make out his blurred figure. You scrambled up, and went to him, he had saved you from getting raped and you would be thankful to him for that. He wrapped his arms around you and shushed you, telling you everything was going to be okay. He rested his head on yours, making sure you knew he was there to help you.

"I'm sorry doll. I shouldn't have put you in a cell in the first place. Had I known what he was like I would've done different." He whispered and you nodded against his chest.

No matter how much you disliked Negan, he sure knew how to make you feel safe even if he was a dangerous guy himself.