Twenty Three

"Hey."

You turned to see Dwight.

"Hey...." You said frowning.

"What were you doing in there?" He asked watching the guy who was supervising you finish locking the door to Daryls cell. Barely a second and they lock it.

"Simon said I could see him. Just for a little." You said. Dwight frowned. "Oh yeah? Well no more. That's my job." He turned away and stood by Daryl's cell.

You started walking off when he called out something. "Boss wants you to join us for dinner. I wouldn't disappoint him." He said plainly. You paused but didn't turn around. You walked away and went to find Daryl some real food.

Later that evening you sat in your room, wearing some of Elena's borrowed 'best' clothes, contemplating Dwight's, or Negan's, offer to join him for dinner.

You had found food for Daryl. A can of beans, a couple ham sandwiches and a bottle of water. You gave them to him managing to charm your way past the guard. He fell for it easily. You hid the food up your sleeves of your coat and he didn't notice. Daryl was thankful. He still wasn't acting normal with you, but that was understandable.

You were going to decide against going when there was a knock at the door. You opened it to reveal Elena. She smile and came in. "Hey, are you coming to the dinner tonight?" She asked. You raised your eyebrow. "I wasn't planning to. How do you know about it?"

"I was invited. I've been assigned 'head of scavenge runs.'" She said making quotation marks with her hands. "I'm just doing the same shit as usual. But it's a meeting kind of. Negan obviously wants you to be there. I would go, just incase you miss anything important."

So there you were, sitting in black skinny jeans, wearing a grey crop top and black combat boots with a leather jacket on. You were surprised Elena had these clothes, but she kept them with her ever since she packed to leave during the outbreak.

"Let's go. Come on." Elena said grabbing your hand. You hesitated to stand but eventually had to as she was pulling you.

You got to the downstairs warehouse, the place Negan burnt Dwight with the iron, and there was a table set up. The food smelt delicious and you wondered how they had all this food but... they were the saviours. They'd steal and take whatever they wanted. Whatever they felt belonged to them.

You and Elena approached the table and you saw the table set up for six. Three chairs on either side of the table. There were plates, cutlery, and even a couple old candles. You rolled your eyes at how much they had. It wasn't fair.

You spotted Negan and Simon walk in and take a seat at one side of the table, leaving the seat between them empty. You swallowed, knowing that would be your seat. Fat Joey was there and so was Dwight. They sat too and Negan pointed at you.

"There she is. Come and sit here sweetheart." He said patting the seat next to him. You sighed and made your way over to him. Squeezing past Simon as you sat down. You looked at Simon and he smiled at you, you smiled back. Elena sat down next to Fat Joey and Dwight.  She was opposite you.

"So! We're all here." Negan said raising his glass as he drank some of his beer. There were beers, and a water jug. You took the water and poured some in your glass, sipping some slowly.

"Let's eat." Simon said sighing in. There were chicken, potatoes, vegetables, beans, salad. Mostly things grown. You stayed quiet feeling a little awkward. You ate your food and Negan set hit knife and fork d down and sat back in his chair. "This, dinner, is to mark a bran new beginning. One, we made quite the investment this week." He said nodding to Simon, obviously referring to Daryl. "In more ways than one." Negan added winking at you and your cheeks flushed as you were embarrassed. You glanced at Elena and she chuckled slightly. "Two, we have a brand new head of supply runnings. Keep up the good work sweetheart." He nodded to Elena and she nodded back. You tensed slightly. Negan addressing another woman as sweetheart made up feel put out. You suddenly remembered he must call every woman that, even more so for his wives and you hated it deep down. You realised you were just the same as any other woman to him.

"Third. This lady, has been great in helping me with my problems." He glanced at you and placed his hand on your upper thigh. You dropped your fork by accident and set your knife down slowly. "Thank you, Y/n. For helping me with that." He smirked and you felt his hand move closer to your core and you grabbed his hand tightly but he didn't move.

"And lastly, my boys have been faithful as ever." He chuckled and you noticed Simon and Fat Joey smirk. Dwight looked at Simon and shook his head. "Actually, not everyone. Daryl had an empty water bottle, bean can and remains of two ham sandwiches in his cell."

Simon raised his eyebrow. "Wasn't me Boss." Negan nodded. "I know." Just then he squeezed your thigh. "I have an idea who might've done it. I'll talk to him tomorrow." He said gripping your thigh higher up. You were worried. You couldn't tell if he was joking and knew it was you or if he thought it was someone else. Either way, his hand wasn't letting up and you held his hand tighter.

Strangely, the feel of his hands were almost trustworthy. As if you would be safe. If you were to be in trouble, and he grabbed your hand to get you back to safety, you couldn't feel more safe.

You looked down at his hands, liking the sight of them and looked back up. Simon was glanced down at your thigh, seeing Negan holding it and as you noticed Simon looking you tried pushing Negan more, but he didn't budge. You did all this inconspicuously, trying to hide what was going on but Simon had already seen. He raised his eyebrows and smirked to himself, shaking his head.

Your heart was beating so fast you couldn't even look at anything but your plate. You knew Negan had no fear. He was trying to get you to succumb to him for good and you weren't having any of it.

You knew how you felt about him. You knew how you felt about Rick. He was just a friend. Maybe with time it would've worked out, but you couldn't do it. Rick meant the world to you, of course he did. So does everyone else at Alexandria, and some from the Hilltop. But Negan made you feel no other way anyone ever had.

Sure you had your relationships before the outbreak, but... no one made you feel as helpless and weak as Negan, making you want every piece of him. He was attractive, sexy, an asshole but it kinda turned you on.

During the line up, none of those things were going through your mind. Only until he touched you in the RV did you give in. Your impulses got the better of you and you couldn't control it. Each time you grew even less resistant to the point where you had just let go of his hand on your thigh.

He took that as an invitation and moved closer to your core. You leant forward resting your elbows on the table and picked at your food.

"Let's make a toast." Negan said moving his hand. You felt kind of disappointed but you grabbed your glass all the same. "To brand new beginnings." He announced and you all agreed and joined glasses before drinking.

As the night went on Fat Joey, Dwight and Elena all left for bed and you got up to go too when Negan grabbed your arm pulling you back down. "Let me just say, you look sexy as hell tonight doll'." He smirked and licked his lips slightly. You tingled all over when he looked at you that way. "Isnt That right Simon?" He asked. Simon nodded. "Oh yeah. She looks smokin'." He chuckled.

You sat there in between Negan and Simon, staring across the table at the empty seats. "Thank you." You answered.