Fifteen

Simon sat beside you as you laid in bed. The doctor finished patching you up and Simon was staring into space. So many thoughts were going over in his brain it was almost as if he was in a trance. The doctor smiled at you. "You're from that group Negan ambushed, aren't you?"

Just then, out of the corner of your eye, you saw Simon look up at the doctor. You nodded. "Yes." The doctor sighed. "I thought so. If I were you, I'd stay away from those women, and Negan if you can. Next time, Simon might not be there to save you." Just then you glanced at Simon and he was watching you. You looked down and nodded. "Thank you, Doctor." With that, he smiled and told you that you were welcome.

"Hey, leave us alone for a minute," Simon said, his eyes not leaving their gaze at you. Once the door shut, you sighed. You stared down at your hands and avoided looking at Simon. "Why are you being nice to me." You muttered. Simon chuckled. You tensed up. His chuckle was unnerving. You didn't know what it meant.

"Nice? You were almost severely injured by some jealous women because Negan let you stay the night. Really? I wasn't going to walk by and ignore it." He replied, sitting back in the seat.

"Oh. So you only did it because you had to." You said, rather quietly.

Simon sat forward. "No."

You looked up at him. "Why bother? You don't like me. You stare me down like you're waiting for me to say something bitchy and then snap at me. You disregard me, you hardly speak to me. You threatened me when I came here. I wish you let them carry on. I deserved it." You felt like shit. You were shitty for sleeping with Negan. You were too selfish to stop yourself.

Simon just laughed. It made you angry. This wasn't funny. It was far from funny.

"What's so funny?" You ask glaring at him. He shrugged and sat back again, fiddling with his hands a little. "Open your eyes, Y/N. Look around. Not everyone is out to get you."

Simon sighed and looked up at you. "Y/N, Negan let you stay because you are not his wife. You don't get treated the same. Maybe to you, his wives should get treated better than you. But he doesn't do that. He likes you. More than he realises. And-" he stopped, sighing and shaking his head.

"What?" You asked, wanting him to carry on. Simon shook his head. "Nothing. Negan likes you. That's all that matters. But, you need to be careful. Favouritism doesn't go down well with the wives. Plus, Negan slaughtered two of your friends." Your skin grew cold and your heart was twisting in your chest. "Why would you sleep with him?" Simon frowned, almost as if he was disgusted. You felt ashamed even more.

"I know. I didn't want to but-"

"But you still did it anyway. Right?" Simon nodded and stood up. "Got you." He started to leave and you didn't want to be left alone. You wanted to ask him to stay but before you could he turned around and stared right at you.

"Believe it or not, I don't hate you Y/N. Far from it actually. I'm just disappointed. Sure, Negan is a great guy I get it. I didn't like your friends. Not at all and I still don't. I couldn't care less if they live, or die. I stand by Negan and I always will. But don't you dare doubt how I feel about you. I just saved you for fuck's sake. And I don't even get so much as a thank you. Maybe next time, yeah, I will let them beat the crap out of you. Discard you. Treat you like shit and you can't do anything about it. I won't even bother to tell Negan. So next time he sees you, you're beaten up, or worse, dead. How ungrateful are you?" He turned around and you felt even worse. "Simon, I-"

"I thought better of you. I saw you and I just- you were strong, independent, strong-willed. Now, you're just different. Maybe Negan fucked the good out of you. Maybe there is nothing good left in the world. No hope at all. Thank you, lord, for making my world even shittier." With that he left and slammed the door, making you flinch and you burst into tears.

He was right, wasn't he? How could you? Be so low as to sleep with Negan. After everything he did. All it did was boost his ego. It's not like he loves you, you told yourself getting off the bed.

You groaned as your side hurt. The woman broke two ribs and they would heal, but fuck, it hurt. You slowly walked to the door and touched the handle, holding it before you opened it. You stared at the door, cracks could be seen where white paint had fallen off, probably from when Simon slammed it shut.

As you walked out the room, a few women stared at you but one approached you. You looked at her and was about to turn when she grabbed your hand. "Are you alright?" She asked. You turned and looked at her, her blue eyes genuinely concerned for you. You nodded, but a tear ran down your cheek as you did, giving away that you were not okay at all.

The woman sighed and looked around. "Come on. Come with me." She said quietly as she led you through the hallway into her room.

*I hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3*