Five

"So, how are you liking this humble abode?" You turned around and saw Simon behind you. Turning back to your bed you sighed while making your bed. Your room was small, but you could cope. It was a brand-new day, your first day at the sanctuary and you were already being bothered by a moronic asshole. "Oh, I'm great, it's not that different from my room back in Alexandria, so I'm good. Loving it actually." You answered turning to him and giving him a mocking smile.

Simon smiled back nodding. "Great, if you like it that much we can always change your room. You know, for something less spacious." He said, his entertained eyes becoming a cold hard stare. "Oh really? Why is that?" You asked taking a step towards him and folding your arms. "Quit being such a sarcastic smart ass and I'll reconsider." He replied raising an eyebrow. You shook your head. "Sure thing, sugar." You smirked as you walked past him through the doorway. You couldn't stand Simon, he was as much of an asshole as Negan was, but without half of the good looks.

You walked down the corridor and into a warehouse. People were gathering supplies and you assumed they were using them to prepare for scavenging, and you were right. "So, you wanna work with these guys?" That deep voice which was gradually weakening your soul came from behind you, close to your ear. You turned around and Negan was smirking down at you.

"No, I was just watching but it seems like the best option. Are you gonna allow that?" You asked. "Me? Allow that? Why doll' I'm flattered you're asking me for permission! Of course, that's fine with me, honey. Just don't get yourself killed, it would be such a darn shame for someone like you to die. Such a waste." He winked at you and you narrowed your eyes. "I know my way around places, and I'm light on my feet. I can handle myself." You answered and he nodded. "Sure thing doll'. But, if you ever need my help, my offer still stands." He smiled at you and you stared back at him, trying to understand if his smile was genuine, or just plain manipulative. "You'll be riding with Simon and his group. You two should learn to get along. If you can't get along with my right-hand man, then I'm not going to be very happy." Negan watched you closely and you sighed. "Sure. Whatever." You turned swiftly on your heel and headed for Simon's truck, where you saw Simon leaning against his truck watching you.

"Ready princess?" Simon asked and you scowled at him. "You call me that again, and I'll make sure you don't wake up tomorrow morning." You replied walking past him and climbing into the back of the truck with the rest of the saviours. Simon followed you to the back of the truck. Before he shut the back doors, he looked directly at you. "Boy, do I love a girl who can kick ass." He chuckled before shutting the back doors.

Once you arrived on location you jumped out of the truck. Looking around you realised you were in a forest. It was hunting, and you were best at finding things, not hunting. You picked up a rifle and some ammo and followed the group nonetheless. You were always ready to try something new. You were experienced in hunting, but you were better at scavenging. Still, you weren't about to let Simon mock you simply for the fact that you were average at hunting. You'd have a go even so.

"Right, everyone split up into pairs, the new one stays with me," Simon announced. Before you knew it, everybody had left and Simon was now standing in front of you, looking down on you. "Just us now sweetheart, all the more reason for us to get along. Negan's wishes. Come walk with me, but be careful in these woods. If there is someone we don't know, they could cause harm to you, stay close." He then began walking and you half-heartedly followed.

"Has he asked you yet?" Simon said looking around and listening. "What?" You replied, following him cautiously, unconsciously pointing your rifle at his back. "Has he said those two magic words? Marry me?" Simon laughed and you felt your skin grow cold. "Yes. As a matter of fact, he did. What's it to you?" You asked, feeling yourself grip the rifle tighter. "It's nothing. Why didn't you say yes?" He asked. "How do you know I didn't?" You replied.

"Otherwise you would be in his bed and not with me right now," Simon smirked turning around to face you. You rose your eyebrows and Simon laughed. "Or not." He turned back around and kept walking.

Out of the corner of your eye, you noticed something move. You turned to see nothing, but you heard rustling nearby. You looked back at Simon, who was still walking. You decided to follow the sound and you came to a small wooden shed behind an array of trees. The shed was clearly abandoned, but you held the rifle up and approached the door. You kicked it open, but no one was inside. Lowering the gun, you stepped backwards but stopped as you felt someone behind you.

"Going somewhere princess?" The voice was unfamiliar and you froze. You turned around slowly and saw a man you didn't recognise. Suddenly he grabbed the rifle from your hands and hit you hard on the side of the head with it. You screamed and you fell to the floor. He hit you again once more on your head and you felt the blood drip down your forehead. Your vision was blurred and all you could feel was the man's violent tugging of your ammo and your eyes slowly shutting.
You had been knocked out and god knows who would find you like this, lying on the cold floor alone.