Chapter 89 - You and I Aren't That Different

Start from the beginning

"You know, all that shit with Bill."

Pina sniffed through one nostril and looked away. "Yeah...well...more reason to get this shit over with. He won't be such a scaredy cat once we get this in the bag."

"He's just worried about you," Louis said.

"Yeah, I get that, but..." the sheep sighed. "I mean, Legosi gets the same way with you, right? Isn't it annoying?"

"They're just being protective. But...Legosi isn't telling me we shouldn't do this. Speaking of, why didn't you want me to bring him?"

"Would you really trust Legosi to be quiet during this? Besides, I'm quickly learning you're the main animal I want by my side for this."

"Mm." The deer looked around. "He was quiet when we stole the bat..."

"Yeah, but that was before that little outburst at the library. He's getting too emotional about it."

"Well, can you blame either of them?"

Pina sighed and stood up, slowly. "No, but I can't let them get in my way, either."

"Are you going to tell me why all of this is so important to you?" He crossed his arms.

"What, solving the murder of two of our classmates isn't important?"

"It...it is...but to you."

Pina scowled and looked at the ground. "I'm a herbivore."

"I'm a herbivore as well."

"And this isn't important to you?"

"Of course it is! But you specifically...joining the drama club...Being so...fiery."

"Just how I am, deer. C'mon, we need to get moving." Pina turned on his heel and marched off, slinging his backpack over his shoulder, the handle of his bat sticking out of it.

Louis followed close. "You're hiding something."

"Psh, sorry, but I pretty much came out when I brought Bill to the dance."

"Pina," the cervid frowned.

They stopped at a wall, Pina's back against it as he peeked around the corner. He held his finger up. "These guards are carnivores, so they have good night vision. Once we get inside we'll need to use a light to see, but we can't let them see it."

    The deer pressed his back against the wall. "This feels like a movie..."

"Maybe we can sell the rights when we're done. It is a pretty amazing story." Pina signaled for them to move. Being herbivores meant they were light on their feet at least.

Louis stayed ducked as he stayed behind him. "Won't the door to Gon's office be locked?"

The sheep looked back and smirked. "Yes, but what have you learned about me?"

"You're a schemer..."

They came to a door leading inside and Pina stopped at it. "That's flattering of you to say, Louis-kun. I pride myself in scheming." He got to one knee and put his backpack down, getting his lockpicking equipment out. "Keep watch for me."

Louis turned around, a small tightness in his chest. He assumed he would be nervous when they did this, so he wasn't surprised.

Pina continued. "But the correct answer was: 'he learned how to pick locks with Zoozle.' But your answer was close. Partial credit."

"Zoozle teaches you stuff like that?"

"Zoozle teaches you everything. Didn't Zoozle teach you how to fuck Legosi?"