After a minute of processing, he turned to Ahsoka. "'It's okay'? She's having twins and it's okay?"

"You were about to pass out, give me a break."

"Ahsoka, I'm not even ready for one baby! How am I..." he trailed off, slamming his head against the wall. "I'm not ready for this."

Satisfied that he wasn't going to fall unconscious, she let him go, instead resting a hand on his shoulder. "It's not just you. Padmé is with you on this, and I'm right here, right?"

Anakin closed his eyes, telling himself she was right. Despite everything, it wasn't depending just on him. Not only did he have them, but Padmé's family was helping too, and surely they were more prepared than he was. 

"Listen," Ahsoka consoled him, speaking softly. "This is out of our control. There is literally nothing we can do now, except get to Naboo and be there when Padmé needs us. We're doing everything we can right now, even though it's not much. That's what matters, right?" Her blue eyes watched his, and she saw him wrestle with her words. Ahsoka knew he didn't like being so underprepared, but she also knew it was going to be okay.

He sighed, sitting back on his knees and closing his eyes. "I know, I just...I wish there was more I could do."

"Maybe there will be, later," she suggested. "One step at a time, remember? Have patience, master Jedi," Ahsoka teased, and it was enough to make him laugh, once, softly.

Anakin sat back so he was leaning against the wall opposite of Ahsoka, and was facing her. There was barely enough room in the small compartment, but it was a good place to talk alone. After a moment, he gave her a look. "You knew this whole time and you didn't tell me?"

Rolling her eyes, Ahsoka breathed a little easier. At least he was distracted now. "Well, I was thinking that Padmé would want to tell you herself. I didn't realize she wouldn't get the chance."

"We've both been busy, ever since the Clone War picked up again," Anakin explained, remembering the last few months. "That one mission down to the Lower Levels was about as much of a break as I've gotten in a while. She's been trying to convince some of the smaller systems to rejoin the Republic, now that the chaos with Palpatine is over. Well, her decoy has, and she wouldn't risk blowing her own cover."

"It makes sense," Ahsoka admitted. "I haven't heard much below ground, but after the Corellia attack I'm not surprised the Republic is trying to end the war quicker." 

Anakin tried to think about how she could have found out about the Corellia attack, but he remembered Windu's subtle comment about Ahsoka a while back. "Master Windu came and told you, didn't he?" 

She nodded, wiping some grime off of her gauntlets. "He was asking for strategy advice. When the Sister showed up for Barriss' escape, he figured out what I had done too, just like Obi-Wan."

"I'm not sure how much longer your connection is going to stay a secret," Anakin warned her, and Ahsoka sighed. 

"As long as the press doesn't figure it out, Tyrannus won't either," she stated firmly, trying to believe in her own words. "I think Master Yoda knows as well, although he hasn't said as much out loud."

"No, he wouldn't, would he?" he agreed, crossing his arms and leaning back. Controlling his breath, he took another minute to just sit there, listening to the engine make a rhythmic racket not far from where he was. 

Ahsoka could feel his panic slowly ebbing, so she didn't say anything. It wasn't exactly quiet, but even without the engine the silence wouldn't have been awkward. As their Force bond became more natural, it was beginning to feel like an additional medium of communication. A pretty insightful one too, because it was pure emotions at this point. Constantly, especially when they were close to each other, there was a stream of the Force between them, invisible but very much there. They couldn't quite hear what the other was thinking, but it wasn't hard to guess after four years. Between their history, their bond, and their body language, sometimes more was said in silence than in words.