Chapter 21

[Normal P.O.V]

She stared at her reflection in the water, and sighed. The blonde tied her hair into a bun before placing her cap on her head. It's been thirty minutes since the start of the program and the soon-to-be agents have already gathered outside in the garden, along with the rest of Drakos.

Drakos' garden is not a joke. Bonsai trees were lined across the large field in their wooden boxes. In the centre there was a pond as large as a small lake with flowering lily pads and an iron curved bridge that crossed the middle. The grass has been mown so short the ground shows through.

But even though it looks like a peaceful and charming garden, it wouldn't be the same without some Drakos flare thrown at it.

Underneath the pond, are electric eels and baby tiger sharks that swam in tranquility under the peaceful water. Stone statues of vicious dragons were strategically placed along the garden like watchtowers. Each statue had its own unique style, and placement. It's also said that the statues are secretly turrets to whenever the base is under attack. But it's never been proven to be true.

What's been proven true though is the myth that the pond in the centre of the garden lits up at midnight. The agents themselves witnessed the pond erupt into purple flames like a ring of fire. It was a beautiful sight, even more beautiful than a fireworks show in the Fourth of July. What's strange is that the flames were harmless. The eels and sharks continue to swim around the pond, even poking their heads above the water, without harming themselves.

The recruit's graduation is the most important event of the day. Probably even the year. So most of Drakos' agents were invited to attend, except for some who volunteered to guard the building or had other things to do. Even Shatter himself is there, who will be hosting the event. Roughly less than four-thousand people has gathered in the garden to watch their future fellow agents graduate.

They already set up a podium near the pond, to which Shatter will give a speech. The twelve finally lined themselves up next to Shatter, Astrid joining the rest. Their superiors sat down near the front row, Night Fury, who was oddly in his battle armor, sat in the middle. Shatter walked up towards the podium, wearing his best suit filled with his usual chains, jangling along in a rythm as he walked. He picked up the mic that was prepared for him and threw it carelessly on the ground.

"Welcome to the 143rd graduation of Drakos!" Shatter announced in his thunderous voice.

The agents clapped with glee. It always was a joy to see their fellow agents graduating. Then, they took their seats at the provided benches.

Astrid spotted Camilla and Thrane sitting at the third row with wide smiles. They lifted their thumbs up, and mouthed 'good luck'. She allowed a smile to creep up her lips, proud to have supportive friends.

"As you can see, this year, we have a total of twelve graduating agents." Shatter continued.

A series of 'ooohh's erupted from the agents. They haven't had a large number of graduates since the 1980s.

"Even I was surprised! I thought Night Fury would've eaten them alive." He joked.

Everyone laughed, including the graduates. Night Fury scoffed but there was a hint of amusement in his eyes. He crossed his arms over his chest, and snorted.

"Aww, don't feel bad Night Fury. You'll get your chance next year." Atali teased. Another of wave of laughter filled the garden.

"Sure, after I beat your ass." Night Fury quipped.

Another set of 'ooohh's came from the agents. Atali turned bright red and sat back down with a huff.

"I'd like to see you try." She grumbled, but quickly regretted it as soon as it left her mouth.