Chapter 42

[Astrid's P.O.V]

The sound an alarm instantly woke me up. My hand flew to the machine, smashing it to bits. The sound of the broken pieces falling on the floor caused me to let out a small groan. I was about to fall back asleep when I remembered, this isn't my house...

My eyes fluttered open as the small room came in to my view. But something else caught my eye. An arm was wrapped around my... naked chest? I turn around to follow the arm and behold, a handsome man's face with his auburn hair falling down his sleeping eyes, a contented smile on his lips. I found myself smiling as well, watching his face. Not only because he was here with me, but only last night's... adventure constantly played in my head. I let out a giggle... yes, a giggle when I saw his bare chest before my eyes.

We were up all night, and I didn't think we could stop. That was probably the next best feeling in the world,  just right below waking up next to him. My gaze focused on Hayden's face, studying every detail on him. His faded freckles that spread out like stars. The small white scar under his chin. His soft auburn hair that my hands been clinging to most of the night.

My hand unconsciously went to his face, brushing away the hair on his eyes. But my hand then traced its finger down his cheek until I cupped it. I leaned forward to peck him in the lips when his eyes blinked open.

"That eager, Mi'lady? I thought you'd had enough of me last night." He announced with a raspy voice.

"There will be no such thing as having enough of you." I smiled drunkenly.

He smiled back with his own, "What time is it?" He asked. "I thought I heard the alarm?"

"Oh, I think it's... 9:00." I reply.

His eyes bugged out instantly. "Shit. We need to go. I told the others to be awake by 6:00." He began making a move to get of bed when I caught his arm.

"Come on, we have time..." I smiled seductively. "Just one more..."

"Astrid, you said the same thing last night, and we ended with eight." Hayden replied dryly.

"That was different." I scoffed out nonchalantly.

"How about this?" He suddenly said, leaning close to my face, "When this mission's over, we'll take a vacation and you can have me for an entire week."

"I can't wait." I reply with a brilliant smile as I leaned in to peck his lips. He smiled back, removing the sheets covering him. It wasn't until he stood up that I noticed that we're both nude. But I wasn't complaining. Last night was pretty dark and I could barely see him. But now that sunlight poured out of the window and reflecting on his naked form, he stood there looking like a child of the gods. I found myself biting my lip as I recollected the events that happened last night.

My eyes trailed down from his chest down... there. My breath came out as shaky as my eyes indecently gawked at... it. At the exact moment, Hayden turned around. When he saw my gaping mouth and my wide eyes, he smirked. Not arrogantly but in amusement.

"Staring much?" He arched an eyebrow.

A hot blush crept my face as I turn away from embarrassment, though a small smile graced my lips. "Sorry, can't help it." I replied shyly.

"I'm honored that my body is drool-worthy..." He said sarcastically. Please don't tell me he doesn't notice that he possesses a body that rivals the gods? "...but we need to go. I bet the others are up already."

I groaned, "Fine..." I sighed out as I throw the sheets off my body, and getting up from the bed. But when I stood up, I felt someone's gaze on me. I allowed my own smirk to curl up my lips. "Staring much?"