Chapter 44

Ahhh, yes. The Hiccstrid family fluff has finally returned. Along with a drizzle of Zythid and Lazarus action. Enjoy!

[Normal P.O.V]

"Where are we going now, Hayden?" Astrid grumbled.

They had been walking around the city for the past hour. She's been expecting to be in a reconnaissance mission but instead, they stopped by three stores so far, ordering everything Ezra asked for. Even Astrid herself made some requests but not after getting a sweet lecture from Hayden, saying that she should loosen up and have some fun. Ezra happily had her lollipop in her mouth, humming to the melody of Beyonce's 'Halo', since this was the first time she experienced candy or music.

"A small restaurant so we could eat." Hayden replied with an unusual sly grin.

"And am I supposed to guess where that is?" Astrid asked dryly. She wasn't known to be the most patient person.

"Give her a clue, Ezra." He turned to the enthusiastic nine-year old, who pulled out the lollipop and cracked a toothy grin.

"The Bindewy!" She exclaimed with a flail of her hands. The auburn-haired man groaned, but there was a small hint of a smile in his lips. Astrid however, was debating on whether she should keep up her tough girl persona, or give in to the little girl's cuteness.

"You just told her everything, kid." Hayden sighed.

This caused Ezra to frown, "I- I did?" she whimpered.

At this time, Astrid gave in. She knelt down to Ezra's height and placed a comforting hand on her head, "Don't worry, Ezra. I still have no idea what you're talking about. So how about you enlighten me." She said with a smile.

At this, Ezra's face brightened. "Yay! Let's go, Astwid!" She exclaimed, grabbing her hand and dragging her forward.

"Why can't that kid pronounce that one letter...?" Hayden muttered to himself before following them.

They followed the main street towards the a series of restaurants, all overflowing with customers. But they stopped by a specific restaurant. From the front, it looks like a local bar with the black oak wood planks and the untidy paintjob. The bundles of flowers hanging over the open window were blooming beautifully. But through the window, you could see it wasn't a bar at all. It had a large room with a numerous chairs and tables. They could see that there was also a mini-bar inside along with a normal kitchen.

Hayden's hand suddenly caught Astrid's, intertwining with each other's fingers. Astrid was a bit shocked at first, but quickly melted to the warm touch and smiled at him. His fingers were rough and battle worn from the missions he had, but there was a sense of softness to it. She loved it.

"Do you want to know what this is, Mi'lady?" Hayden whispered to her ear, sending shivers down her body.

She didn't trust her voice so she simply let out a small whimper. His grip on her hand tightened as he gave her a kiss on the top of her head. "There was no reconnaissance mission at all." He smiled slightly. "This is a date."

All of Astrid's inside bursted into happiness and joy when he mentioned that. Suddenly, she had an urge to just break into song and dance but she reminded herself that this wasn't a Disney movie. Instead, she allowed a giddy smile reach her lips as she leaned against Hayden's shoulder with a sigh.

"I'm glad to finally have that date." She replied happily.

"Me too!" Ezra piped up.

The couple chuckled lightly and retained their smile. Together, they entered the restaurant. The bell rung as the door opened and closed, which prompt the customers to shift their gazes from their food to the trio.