Chapter 18

Because of the corona virus, school in my country has been cancelled. Like, as in cancelled. I won't be going back to school. So, yeah. Might as well update this story.

Warning. Corny shit ahead.

And as a gift, I present thee, Chapter 18

[Heather's P.O.V]

What the hell just happened?

Night Fury just spun around, and in that time, countered my shot, disarmed Kai and Maisie, and trapped Astrid. I see Astrid, frozen, her eyes trained at Night Fury's feet. And so were Kai and Maisie. What are they looking at?

I guess I have to take this matter to my own hands.

Loading a bullet in the chamber, I cocked back the rifle and readjusted the barrel. I jumped out of the boulder I was hiding behind and aimed directly at Night Fury's head. Without even giving a second thought, I pulled the trigger. The .90 caliber bullet pierced through the air like an arrow, flying straight towards Night Fury.

Then, Night Fury's cat-like instincts stood up. He turned around just in time to catch the bullet within his forefinger and middle finger. His sharp eyes focused on me like a hunter circling his prey. Fortunately, that snapped the rest out of their shock. Kai and Maisie were the first to move. Unarmed, they flung themselves at Night Fury, trying to at least tackle him. But Night Fury wasn't having it. He raised his leg-

What the fu-

Why does he have a metallic skeletal foot?!

Whatever it is, he used it to swat the two away like flies. Maisie fell to the ground, her head hitting one of the roots of a tree, knocking her unconscious. Kai actually took more of the impact to protect Maisie. He laid on the ground, a large bruise on his head. His creased forehead and his groan of pain meant he is still alive. But he is in no condition to fight.

Astrid made the next move. I followed swiftly. Raising her axe, she stomped her way towards Night Fury. Distracted by Astrid, this gave me an opportunity. An opening...

I slid across the ground, not caring about the shards of rocks and wood hitting my skin. One even scraped my skin, but I paid no attention to it. My mind was focused a man clad in black armor. I stopped about 3 feet away from Night Fury and aimed my rifle at his head, who was unaware of my presence. I reloaded another round in the chamber, cocked it, and without a second thought, pulled the trigger.

BANG!!!

A sudden burst of heat suddenly burned my skin and a wave of force threw me off balance. My rifle flew off my hands, as I fell to the ground with a searing pain on my arm. I struggled to get up on my feet, the last attack leaving my muscles sore. I suddenly hear the crackling of fire, a faint light reflecting on the ground. I look up, only to find Night Fury gripping Astrid's axe on mid-swing, while on the other hand, is his flaming sword.

He must've knocked my rifle from my hands and burnt me at the same time. I gritted my teeth. We're losing time. And I'm not the only one frustrated.

Astrid herself is struggling to maintain her attack. I could see her gritted teeth and flexed muscles on her forearms. She's probably angry that Night Fury is still holding back against us. He could just use his sword to not only disarm Astrid, but completely incapacitate her as well. But he didn't.

We need to regroup. We need to figure out another plan. With the last of my strength, I get on my feet. As soon as I was up, I ran. Towards Astrid's direction.

.................................

[Astrid's P.O.V]

"What the hell, Heather?! I had that!" I say to Heather.