Chapter 47

I'm so fucking evil HAHAHAHHAH

[Normal P.O.V]

The bright infirmary light poured through the cracks in the blind and awaited entrance into her eyes, causing her slowly wake up. Upon waking with her eyes fluttering open, she burrowed himself into the warm, soft sheets. She rubbed the remainders of sleep from her eyes and sat up. Her blood-red locks spilled down on her neck and face in a tangled mess.

She gazed around to observe her surroundings. The walls are simply cream, not peeling or dirty, just cream. There is no decoration at all, save the limp curtain that surrounded her cot. Behind her is a glass window, with a sky blue curtain draped over it. Opening the curtain, she was greeted by the egg yolk sun began rising from the hill.

For the first few minutes, she wondered why she was here. Until memories from two days ago rushed in her all at once. Her eyes popped out, and she jolted out of the bed. Her feet met the cold floor, momentarily causing her to shiver. The cool air wasn't helping and neither is the brown cotton gown she wore.

She found a pair of bunny slippers on the ground, and decided to slip them on, when all of a sudden, the last memory she had flashed in her mind as she ran. The pain she felt in the side of her neck. The burning liquid entering through her veins. The tightness in her throat, preventing her from screaming in pain. In other words, it was awful.

She stood there, clutching her heart and hyperventilating. Her mind was too occupied to register the group standing right in front of her. Then, everything snapped and she started running, eventually colliding to a raven-haired girl.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see yo- Heather?" She arched her eyebrow at the groaning woman.

"No, it's another girl with black hair. Yes, it's me!" Heather exclaimed sarcastically. But then what happened afterwards shocked her. Maisie jumped and wrapped her arms around Heather's neck.

Heather awkwardly returned it with a strained smile, "Uhh, not that I don't like hugs, but why are you hugging me?"

"Maybe the acid made her crazy." A voice butted in.

"Idiot!" Another exclaimed, followed by a whack in the head. "She was already crazy!"

Maisie's eyes instantly bugged out as she realized what she's doing. She retracted her arms and rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. That's when she noticed the others who were there. It was the entire group! Well, the ones who were left. Plus, Shatter, who still had his chained suit and pierced appearance.

"Mrs. Thorn, are you feeling alright?" Shatter asked in a polite tone.

"Y- yeah..." Maisie replied. But she was still confused on what happened. She thought she died! And the last thing she remembered was getting bitten by Artemis. Maisie frowned, "What happened?"

"That's what we were wondering too." Eret replied. His arm was casted in a sling with a bunch of signatures written on it with permanent marker. Most were from girls. "When we were cornered by that crazy bitch, I thought we were going to die."

"Luckily, Mr. Shatter and ourselves rushed in to save you guys!" Finn exclaimed happily. "But I was always wondering why you just suddenly appeared in that exact moment. Couldn't you have seen us from... cameras or anything?"

Shatter sighed, pressing the bridge of his nose. "I'll tell you later..."

"So, where is Artemis now?" Maisie asked.

"Well, they're all in different areas..." Shawn replied sheepishly. His face was little green after remembering it.

At Maisie's confused expression, Heather intervened. "What he meant is... her head is in the trash compactor, her body is being examined in the laboratory, and her hands are with the twins' personal stash."