Chapter 7

[Night Fury P.O.V]

I pound another one in the head, cracking his skull. He continues to scream in agony even after I broke his jaw.

Persistent bastard!

My knuckles were already bleeding and broken. The sound of my broken knuckles cracked as I clench my fist. I bring my fist down at his head, shattering his skull like glass, killing him instantly.

His blood splatters all over the ground, decorating my artwork even more. I let go of the body, and look back to gaze at my work. Two-hundred and sixty-three of them brutalized. Their hiding place, a top business company in New York, was in shambles. The ground painted in blood. Another disturbing organization eliminated from the world. I stare down at my last victim, a low-level thug. He was whimpering and trembling, probably scared of me.

Fucking pathetic...

"Please. Let me live." He was trembling, voice's shaky. Fear present in his dark blue eyes.

I lift my sword up, showing him Inferno in all of its glory. I place it on top of its chest, right where the heart is supposed to be. I twist it, making blood drip from its chest.

He gritted his teeth as I continue to slowly pierce him.

"Please, have mercy. Let me live!" He croaked, tears running down from his face.

I got closer to that murderous bastard's face, looking straight in his eyes and whispered, "What do you have to live for?"

And I drive my blade onto his chest, finishing the job, a satisfying last scream of pain rang throughout the entire restaurant before he lost consciousness.

I stood there for a few moments with my sword in the dead gangster's chest. A small tinge of guilt and regret appeared in my heart. But it quickly went away as soon as it appeared.

Pulling out my sword from his body, I press my finger on the transmitter on my ear.

"Night Fury to base. Mission complete. The Red Queen had been eliminated. No survivors." I reported.

"Base to Night Fury. No survivors again, brother? You're making me look bad." Dagur's voice said through my transmitter.

"If I let one survive, it could revive the entire Red Queen."

"You're exaggerating. Oh, and Shatter wants you to deal with the recruits. I heard they're coming around 7:30."

I let out a heavy sigh. I bet the recruits won't pass. I haven't passed any recruit yet. Each one is as worthless as garbage. I'm not being mean, I'm being honest.

Each and every one of them will die as soon as they reach the field. Another life will be lost again under my watch.

I won't let that happen ever again. One more incident, I swear I'll lose my sanity.

"Night Fury, are you there?"

I snap out of it, returning to reality.

"Y-Yeah, I'm here. I'll get going already. I'll meet the recruits in 15 minutes." I reply hastily.

Before Dagur could respond, I turn off my transmitter. I went inside the CEO's office where a pair of gauntlets was displayed there.

My gaze shifts to my knuckles, bleeding and broken. I guess it'll be nice to not break my knuckles every time. So I grabbed it on the way out, strapping it on my forearms and hands.

It reached up to my forearms, and looks exactly like a normal armoured glove but with black-coated Gronkle Iron that encased the entire gauntlet. The iron ore were hard as metal but extremely light. A two-in-one shield and weapon. Also a good way to hide my injuries from Mala.