Chapter 14

Anyway, thanks for reading my story. Really appreciated it.

[Astrid's P.O.V]

Flashback...

Shit! Shit! Shit! I'll be late!

I hopped in front of the mirror. I did my best to finger-comb all the strands that were poking out of my hair, since I lost my comb last night, but apparently my fingers aren't the best replacement for a comb. I swore I left it on my desk. But that doesn't matter now. Right now, I'm late and Professor Michael is going to chew me out.

I hastily fit my black beanie over my head, covering my uncombed hair. I wore a white coat over a dull blue loose shirt, black leggings, and last but no the least, a pair of pearl-white Converse.I scampered downstairs like a little kid at Christmas, skipping off at the last step.

"Uncle Fisk! I'll be on my way!" I yell out to him as I grab a slice of toasted bread and carelessly smear strawberry jam on it.

Uncle Fisk poked his head out of the kitchen, crumbs of bread sprinkled over his bushy blond beard. A white apron over him that says 'Fearless Mama In Da Haus!'. A small shade of white blended along his short blond hair. Though he looks aged, the bright sparkle in his sapphire-blue eyes still burned for a long time, and it had no plans to burn out.

"Well, good luck on your chemistry test. Still remember what we reviewed last night?" He grinned, expecting me to forget.

"The formula for converting mass to mole is dividing the given mass to the molar mass of the given compound." I stated as if it were embedded in my brain. Uncle Fisk just smiled warmly and tossed me... is that a boiled egg?!

I dropped my bag to catch the egg, only for it to bounce off my head, without cracking. It fell to the ground, continuously bouncing along the floor. I gave Uncle Fisk a blank stare as he boomed with laughter. I swear that one of his pranks will give him a stroke some day.

"That was good! There's no way I'm going to throw an egg at ya. Yet. Now off you go!" He says, still snickering.

I rolled my eyes as I picked up my bag. "See you later, Uncle Fisk." I yell out, opening the front door.

"Go have fun, killer. Also give that Haddock kid a beating for me. Still haven't forgiven him for breaking my workbench with that god awful mini catapult of his." He scowled, remembering the splinter of wood that nearly hit him.

I let out a hearty laugh, "Will do!"

As I closed the door behind and breathed in the fresh city air of Berk. A small city with the population of a few thousand people. Ain't much to look at but home's home. Just in time, my friend Racquel drove over my side of the sidewalk then honked at me with her brand new bike.

Yes. She attached a horn on a bike. I don't know what she was thinking but she's a Thorston. Both her parents were amazing weirdoes. So what do you expect? A slick green power cruiser with thick black tires, large exhaust pipes, and a shiny gold horn in a shape of a dragon's head. Racquel took off her helmet, shaking her hair out. People walking down the street, eyed her weirdly. Yup, this is my weird friend. She then placed the helmet on top of her bike, then grinned at me.

"So, what do you think?" She arched her eyebrow, obviously asking for my opinion on her bike.

"It's green." I reply blankly.