Chapter 38

[Heather's P.O.V]

It's been days since Astrid told me she was running after Hayden and I'm here stuck with nothing to do. They said there won't be any missions assigned except for a few special ones like with Hayden, and... a tag-along. I came to like Hayden over the days. Though we spent our times fighting or trying to outdo each other, the aura of Night Fury seemed to fade away the more I spent time with him. I now see him as an annoying and condescending brother, aside from the other one. He doesn't see it, but he's changing. Ever since Astrid shoved some sense into him, and maybe along with her tongue but that's not the point. But even after two years, I still haven't thanked him from calming me down.

When I was transferred to the infirmary, I heard Gothi's words flow through me like the wind swirling in the air. She said it was going to be a suggestive hypnotism. That whenever the trauma or the PTSD would rise, the very thing that will keep me calm would pop up in my head. So when she began the hypnosis, my mind began to relax. Then after a while I saw two figure form in my mind. The ones that apparently would keep me calm.

To my surprise, Hayden was one of them. He was still donned his Night Fury armor and his terrifying flaming sword from hell but what really got me was the emotions in his eyes. They bore kindness, calmness, peace, and dare I say it, love. At first, I was widely confused. But now, I understood that he wasn't directing it at me. But it still gives me great comfort when I remember his words that he sang to me. I ended up remembering it and downloading it into my phone as I reminder. I sometimes wonder if Hayden's a demon sent from hell, or an angel coming down from the heavens. Maybe he as the appearance of a demon, but is an angel in the inside. 

Okay, I've been thinking of Hayden for far too long. I guess I was just reminded of him after supper when I saw the other Helheim ranked agents along with-

"Cutthroat!"

I quickly stopped in my tracks and hid behind a wall. After a few seconds, I glanced around the corner and spotted my brother and Cutthroat talking to each other. I couldn't make out what they were saying so as fast as I could, I ran towards a corridor and quickly hid behind the wall so I could hear what they were talking about. I don't know why I'm hiding or even spying on them, but my brother had a worried look on his face, and I felt curious. My brother's never worried about anything except for me. There's a reason why our last names are DeRanged.

"Did you find anything?" I hear Cutthroat ask. He too had a worrisome tone in his voice.

"Nada. Footage found nothing. Time frame between the hours showed no one entering the room." My brother replied. What are they talking about? "What about you?"

"I had Mala search the girl's restroom in the main building for any clues. Other than the busted vent which is probably obvious, nothing. No fingerprint, blood, no traces of entry except for the vent." Cutthroat scoffed in frustration.

"It's like we're dealing with a snake." My brother grumbled.

"No, because even a snake would've left traces." Cutthroat said. "Did you have any luck with the newbies? They're our main suspects."

My eyes widened at his declaration. They're trying to find someone and the suspects are us? What exactly happened?

"I can't just talk to them. That's like feeding the victims to the murderer!" Dagur exclaimed.

"Do you have anyone you can trust among them? Your sister?" He suggested.

Dagur frowned as he fell into a deep thought before replying, "I don't know. Though I know that we grew up along side each other, we had a past of backstabbing. But who knows. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. As much as I wanted to think of her as innocent, I can't because I honestly don't know. So don't ask my opinion about my sister, because it will come out as biased when I say that she's innocent."