Chapter 23

[Normal P.O.V]

Isla Guadalupe, Surter's Beach
19:00 P.M.
Mission Status: ?????

A lone soldier carrying an assault rifle, was patrolling the beach. It was a quiet and cold night. Fog began to form near the sea due to the cold weather. Just a few more minutes and his shift will be done. He passed the dock, where their gunboats were stationed. Normally, he was just going to sit down on the ground and wait until his shift is over.

But somehow, in this specific night, he felt something was going to happen.

So he decided to do his job properly. As he continued his patrol, he heard a faint sound. He quickly whip his head out in the ocean.

Nothing. The fog covered nearly everything, blocking the soldier's vision. But he knew he heard something.

He squinted his eyes as hard as he could to see what was out there. After a few more seconds, he gave up. He turned away, shaking his head, thinking he was starting to imagine things. Until...

HOOOONNNKK!

The soldier quickly whipped his head again towards the ocean. He wasn't imagining that one. No doubt, that was the sound of a ship.

Like he thought, a ship suddenly emerged from the fog. A dreadnaught to be exact. Then two others emerged as well. Followed by a fleet of gunships.

The soldier nearly dropped his rifle. They were under attack!

He quickly ran back to the fortress, to alert the others, when a shell landed on where he was standing, blowing up everything in a five-meter radius. All that was left, was a helmet and a half-melted rifle.

Isla Guatamala
19:15 P.M.
Alpha Unit Status: Mission Begins

.........................

"Go, go, go, go! Man the turrets!" The captain yelled out orders.

The men followed, running to their stations. But it was too late. A barrage of missiles destroyed the turrets within seconds, sending broken metal and shards of shells flying, and causing the men to get down and duck.

The beach was already demolished. A series of artillery fire and shells destroyed their ships as if they were toys. All the turrets and anti-aircraft guns were taken down immediately by enemy bomber planes and attack planes.

But it wasn't over.

Drago's men began pulling out trucks that carried a large missile launcher with four rectangular canisters, armed with patriot missiles.

The trucks rolled down to the beach, while some of the soldiers began laying cover fire using rocket launchers. Once they were in the right range, they began to aim the missile launcher.

With a click of a button, sixteen patriot missiles zipped to the air and into the enemy fleet. The dreadnoughts fired some anti-missile shells at the missiles, taking down a few. But nine still hit the dreadnoughts, causing some serious damage.

Some hit two gunships which caused it to implode, debris and fire flying everywhere, as it slowly sinks down to the ocean floor.