Chapter 32

[Normal P.O.V]

Hayden fired three shots off of his pistol, nailing each target in the head. He reloads the magazine, then cocks the chamber backward before firing another round of sixteen shots, hitting every single target; from the floating ones to the moving ones. Once he pulls the pistol off, the entire range resets, the targets slowly returning to the ground.

Ezra gaped at the scene with big eyes, and an open mouth, twinkling with excitement. "Whoa! That was cool, Hayden! How did you do that?!" she exclaimed.

Hayden held back a very sarcastic and smart-ass response considering this was kid and he's the one who brought her here. The man was bored out of his mind in his room, and he can't just leave the nine-year old alone so he decided to bring her to the training floor.

"Uhh..." he stuttered, not really know how to explain it to a nine-year old without confusing her. "...this is a gun, and uhh... it goes, bang bang, then those things? They will have holes." He decided with the most confusing and stupid response on how to operate a gun.

But Ezra must've understood stupid language, because her face showed a ray of excitement and surprise, "Whoa! Can I try?"

Now, Hayden is faced with the biggest and toughest decision of his life. Normally, any person would immediately forbid a child from holding, much more of using a gun. But Hayden is different, in his head, he's thinking that maybe teaching a kid how to use a gun ain't that bad. But on the other hand, what if that kid grows to be a terrorist? You see, Hayden is looking at the wrong sides of the story.

But then he decided to teach her anyways.

He sighs as he flipped the gun over and held it out to Ezra, "Go crazy, kid. I mean-don't go crazy." He stumbled on his words. Now, he's regretting giving it to her. But then Ezra's face turned into a frown.

"I don't want the shooting thingy. I can do it myself!" she said, skipping over to the gun range, leaving Hayden confused and speechless.

Seeing how Hayden did it last time, she pressed a small button on the panel, activating the targets. She then walked to the line, then extended her hands out in the air, clenching her fists. Hayden frowned in confusion, but it soon disappeared when Ezra's forearms began shaking. Then she unclenched her fists, out flew a miniature purple sun, a smouldering ball of plasma. It screamed in anger, and thrust itself upon a target, imploding it into pieces.

This caused Hayden to yelp, which is shocking itself. Then multiple purple plasma bullets shot further from her hands, nailing each target perfectly. After that, she lowered her arms down then jumped in joy.

"Did you see that, Hayden? I hit them all!!!" She exclaimed as she tugged Hayden's arm with excitement, only he was absolutely shell-shocked. Sudden realization filled him in like a flood. Everything made sense now. The package. The reason why Grimmel wants her. He blinked, snapping out of it, then looked down to face Ezra.

"Kid, have you always known how to do that?" He carefully asked.

"Yeah!" She says, but then her smile fades, replaced by a crestfallen look. "But that's why that old big guy made me stay in that room. He sometimes takes me out to shoot at other people."

Hayden's eyebrows furrowed as he contemplated on what to do. Until he decided on a conclusion.

"We need to hold a meeting."

.....................................................

Hayden grabbed the wrench off of his table, then used it to tighten one of the bolts in his prosthetic leg, which now looked entirely different than before. It now resembled a normal boot attached to a armored leg made out of the scales of a rare species of lizard mixed with a few elements of nacre pearl, crystallized diamonds and quartz. After tightening the diamond infused bolt, he puts it down, then rolls the pant leg of his combat pants down. He was supposed to be in a meeting in the Cortex right now, but he needed to take care of something first. And that was...