Chapter 39

[Normal P.O.V]

"Fuck, it's hot!" Marcos exclaimed while wiping the sweat off of his forehead as he shoveled out the dirt off the ground. Work hour has already started and the extra heat wasn't helping. Especially shoveling dirt under the sun's rays, while wearing their issued work uniform which are long-sleeved jumpers and brogans.

"Ain't it hot in Mexico as well?" Bear asked with a smirk.

"Dumbass, I'm from Puerto Rico." He grumbled while both Nuffink and Bear laughed.

"Is there a difference?" Nuffink remarked as he shoveled fertilizer from the barrel and into the ground.

Hayden smiled slightly at their antics. "Ignore them, Marcos. They're just jealous because their president's an asshole." He quipped.

Bear and Nuffink's smiles fade instantly while Marcos broke into guffaws. Hayden chuckled along with him while the two grumbled under their breaths.

"So, Fury. After two days of fucking Sahara, what's next?" Marcos asked, spraying the hose on the ground. They decided to fall him Fury, giving him a prison alias and a strong reputation.

"We wait for tomorrow. By now, I bet you're not the only one experiencing the heat." Hayden replied, gesturing to the other convicts who already stripped off their top. Even the guards were sweating and exhausted. With the cold gone, not even the guards could relax.

"I know. I heard from Reganza and his gang that they're planning to riot as well." He said, turning off the water and filling a bucket with manure.

"Any possibility he would do it now?" Hayden arched an eyebrow. If a riot started now, he'll have to send a message to his group that he'll be getting out early. But if a riot started now, it won't be strong enough for him to get out. That's why he recommended three days.

"No way, papi." Marcos replied with a grin. "Reganza's gang is about as small as his dick."

"How'd you know that?" He narrowed his eyes in suspicion, trying to hide the smirk growing in his lips.

Marcos' grin fell as he began to sputter. Bear and Nuffink heard Hayden's remark and began to snicker at Marcos' nervousness.

"Hey, man. We're in PIP. Doesn't matter if you want to insert your-" Bear started but was cut off by Marcos

"Uy, que care-chimba!" He called out, which technically meant 'penis-face'. "You want to talk about being a gump, talk to your friend, Big Shark."

"What?" Bear frowned. He turns to Nuffink and asked for an explanation.

He simply grinned and nodded. "Man, I've seen him drop the sheets so many times I might have thought they had a schedule." He snickered.

Bear shifted his gaze at Hayden with wide eyes, asking for confirmation. "I can't believe you haven't noticed. Man's gay for the stay."

"Holy shit..." Bear whispered under his breath, while the other three laughed along.

The three convicts now had lowered their guard down and relaxed at Hayden's presence. After knowing for two days, they started to like him and considered the possibility of being his friends other than allies. Hayden also lowered his guard, revealing some details about his life like the war with Drago, and some of his earlier missions. One time, he accidentally slipped up that he had a girlfriend. He didn't exactly say that he had one, it's just they assumed he had one after mentioning that he had someone waiting for him. And just like that, they began teasing and messing with him as if he wasn't a cold and dangerous assassin.