𝟏𝟖

-ˏˋ𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 ˎˊ˗════ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ════

════ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ════

Returning to Mystic Falls under Klaus' behest wasn't something Rory was planning on doing, but she wanted answers. Plus, there was also the fact that Elijah had procured the cure, therefore Rebekah was on his tail. Turns out, the entire (living) Mikaelson clan were on their way back to Virginia, and Rory was going to be left alone with her own self-destructive thoughts. Desperate not to be left behind, Rory returned to the town that had quickly served as a hellmouth for most of her life upon coming back a year after her parents' accident.

Klaus swung the door open as soon as Rory's knuckles rapped against the door of the Mikaelson manor, her arms crossed over her chest. He greeted with her a simple grim look, his lips pursed. Rory tried not to wince at the coldness in his eyes. He was clearly still hurt despite being worried for her safety; Rory couldn't blame him. Still though, Rory would've thought that sleeping with Hayley a few hours after they broke up was revenge already. It was bad enough that Klaus stared her right in the eyes and kept going.

"Where is it?" Klaus asked, holding his hand out in an expectant manner as soon as Rory trailed after him into the parlour. Rebekah and Elijah turned to her in shock, the two siblings already convened at the table. "The pendant, show it to me."

Rory picked it out of her pocket, placing it in his palm. "I don't know what happened. I took it off and when you called, it was just shattered."

"Why did you take it off in the first place?" Klaus demanded.

Rory shifted uneasily, her eyes flickering to Elijah. "I found Katherine," she stated. "She was supposed to meet up with Elijah. I pretended to be her -- I couldn't exactly wear the pendant, it would give me away."

Klaus' eyes flashed as his gaze flickered between Rory and Elijah. Judging by the look of discomfort on his older brother's face, something that would be distasteful to Klaus' ears had happened. The hybrid sucked in a breath through his nose, examining the pendant. "Greta charmed the necklace using my life force," stated Klaus. "It was the only reason you were protected from harm. It could not be destroyed unless I died."

"You look alive to me," Rory responded.

Klaus gave her a sarcastic grin. "Do I?" he responded, mirth thick in his tone. Rory blinked at him, unamused and unresponsive. He rolled his eyes, placing the pendant on the table. "He made me think I was dying -- that you were..." he trailed off, clearing his throat. "He's very old, and very powerful. It's no surprise to me that he was able to break Greta's spell."

"Great," Rory sat down on the chair, slumping in her seat. "Well, I'm sorry that the necklace broke."

Klaus sat down next to her, regarding his siblings. "Nothing you could've done about it,"