𝐗𝐈𝐕

❛ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 ❜════ ⋆★⋆ ════

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

    Alaric's relationship with Rory was somewhat questionable. She didn't much feel the adoration for the History teacher like her siblings did, mostly seeing him as a pest in her home, but she wouldn't exactly place him as a murderer. Sure, she knew he was a vampire hunter (despite being friends with vampires) but she didn't think that Alaric was actually capable of hurting anyone. She couldn't see much past his drunken ways and incoherent mumblings, as well as the fact that most of the times she did see him he was blindly in love with aunt Jenna or the first woman that remotely showed him any interest. That's why it shocked her so much to hear that Alaric was detained for attempted murder on Dr. Meredith Fell.

    "I didn't do it," Alaric's knuckles were nearly white with how hard he gripped at the cell bars. He looked ashen, downright horrified that he was being accused of such a crime. Damon stood beside Rory, eyebrows tugged into a frown. Rory's arms were crossed over his chest, attempting to make sense of the situation. Did this mean that Alaric could no longer live in her home anymore? Because, if so... she didn't think she minded that.

    "You're arresting him for what this nut job Dr. Fell says?" Damon gave Liz Forbes an incredulous look.

    "No, I'm detaining him—the cell is for his own good. You were shot; Dr. Fell used vampire blood to heal you," Liz responded.

    "Dr. Fell is the one who shot me!" Alaric argued.

    "Because you came at her with a knife!"

    "Yeah, a knife hidden in her things!"

    "Wait, what self respectable human doesn't have a knife in their belongings?" Rory raised a hand, giving both Damon and Alaric a surprised glance. "Or maybe it's just a woman thing, considering we have to spend our days with one of the most dangerous predators there are out on the streets: men," Rory tapped her foot over the floor, clicking her tongue. "Honestly, I'd be concerned if Meredith didn't have some sort of weapon on her."

    "Rory, you know it's illegal to handle knives right?" Liz gave the girl a slightly concerned glance.

    Rory shrugged. "Well unless the cops are free enough to follow girls home every other day to ensure they don't get attacked in some alleyway, I think women having knives in their purses is pretty much the most secure they can get. I won't accept arguments, and no, I don't care that you're a police officer,"

    Damon pressed his fingers against the bridge of his nose. "Look, are we going to ignore the part he's one of the killer's victims? I mean, the guy was practically stabbed to death."

    "Well, Dr. Fell suggested his wounds could have been self-inflicting," Liz responded.

    Rory nodded. "Also true,"