𝟐𝟎

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 ⌡───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 ⌡
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

Stuck. That's how Rory Gilbert felt. She woke up in Damon Salvatore's bed, her body aching and her head pounding. She wasn't sure if it was from her strenuous activities throughout the night or it was the fact that she was nursing the hangover that she had gotten from drinking too much alcohol, but one thing's for sure: it did not feel good. She knew she didn't feel better either; if anything, sleeping with Damon did absolutely nothing for her besides cause a momentary distraction to the horrible pain she felt when she thought about Nik—no, Klaus.

"Good morning," Damon's hand splayed over the back of her bare shoulder as she sat up in his bed, covers tugged against her chest. She felt his lips against her skin and she immediately retracted, running a hand through her hair. "Someone's grumpy."

"Not exactly in the brightest mood considering I'm going to die," stated Rory. Her cheeks flushed crimson as she caught sight of her panties tossed haphazardly over the edge of Damon's bed frame. "Kind of sucks that I spent my last night alive in bed with you, though."

"You weren't complaining a few hours ago," Damon gave her a smirk as Rory fell back against the mattress. She turned to face him, watching as the smug expression on his face slowly disappeared. "You're, uh... you're serious about sacrificing yourself for the ritual?"

Rory shrugged. "I don't see why I shouldn't—there's nothing for me here. I wouldn't want Elena to sacrifice herself. I mean, what kind of sister would I be? Plus, according to the fact that Klaus has been my "boyfriend" for about eight months, that's what he was planning to do with me anyway,"

"We can kill him today," Damon stated. "With Bonnie."

"No," Rory gave him an annoyed glance. "I told you, I don't want Bonnie to be involved with this at all. I don't want her to get hurt, Damon. Just let me do this in peace. I've made my decision; you need to respect that."

"Damon—" Elena suddenly pushed her way inside the room, stopping in her tracks. Her lips parted in surprise to see her older twin and Damon in the same bed, clothes strewn over the floor. It didn't exactly take a rocket scientist to know that they spent the night together. If anything, the fact that they were both naked gave that fact away pretty clearly. "Oh."

"Hey, Elena," Rory pushed herself into a sitting position, sheets covering her bare chest. She cleared her throat. "I'm sorry, I'll be out in a minute. Just give me a second and you can talk to Damon."

"No, no," Elena shook her head quickly. She felt a ball in her throat as she swallowed thickly—she obviously did not expect to see Rory and Damon in the same bed together. "It's alright. I was just... coming to tell you that Elijah was here, and he wanted to talk to you. I had no idea that Rory spent the night."

Damon nodded as he traced a finger down Rory's spine. "I was her distraction," Damon's lips curled into a smirk at his words. He then turned to Elena. "We'll meet you and Elijah downstairs."