𝐗𝐈

❛ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉 ❜════ ⋆★⋆ ════

❛ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉 ❜
════ ⋆★⋆ ════

            It wasn't a breakup, but Rory definitely felt like it was. She didn't think it was possible to feel this way again, but she surprised even herself. She hadn't been through a breakup that took a toll on her as much as her separation with Klaus did, and they weren't even together. Honestly, she didn't know what that said about her. Pathetic, or just way too attached to someone who obviously didn't feel the same? Klaus hadn't contacted her after they had parted ways (not that she expected him to, but if he did, she would've definitely answered against her better interests) and she'd been spending most of the days drinking her life away.

Of course, her predicament hadn't gone unnoticed by Elena. It was difficult for her not to notice when her twin sister was strewn over the couch in a haphazard manner, smelling thickly of whatever alcoholic beverage she had the night before. Rory would always wake up with a hangover to last a decade and would loudly complain about it the entire day and repeat the process.

Elena had attempted to talk to her about it, but Rory remained tight-lipped. It was when Rory had snapped at her harshly that Elena got the memo to back off, leaving her sister to her own devices. It was clear that Rory Gilbert was growing through something that caused lots of emotional turmoil, but she was just... unwilling to confide about it with anyone else.

Currently, the older Gilbert twin was in the back alley of the Mystic Grill. Her fangs were inserted into a random high schooler's neck, steadily draining him of all his worth. Another thing that happened during the week—Rory had gone back to drinking human blood. She kept it a secret from Elena of course; she didn't want her sister's judgement and honestly, she had been way too grumpy to argue. If she was being truthful, the entire situation with Stefan scared her to death.

It was clear that when she drank animal blood it would be easier to kill her. Rory was pretty strong on her own, having a black belt in taekwondo. A hundred-year-old vampire like Stefan could take her human self with difficulty, but Rory being a vampire should've taken him down easy. She needed to defend herself—she couldn't do that when she was on a vampire vegan diet.

Her meal was interrupted when a hand wrapped itself around her forearm, gently tugging her away from the male that was slowly losing consciousness. Rory shifted in her stance to see someone that shocked her, standing in all his glory. Elijah Mikaelson. Rory lifted an eyebrow as he procured a handkerchief from his breast pocket, handing it to her. She wiped her mouth, giving him an interested once-over.

"I thought you were dead," Rory broke the silence, letting her victim fall to the ground in front of her. She could still pick up a faint heartbeat—he was alive, but barely. She couldn't care less about that right now. Elijah simply responded with an unamused smile. Rory let out another sigh. "Don't look at me like that. I can sense your judgement all the way from here."