𝟎𝟔

[𝐌] — mature content warning in the first half of this chapter

[𝐌] — mature content warning in the first half of this chapter. feel free to skip over it if you're not comfortable.
-ˏˋ𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓 ˎˊ˗
════ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ════

It was nine o'clock in the morning when Caroline called her phone, the mobile device insistently ringing by Rory's bedside. She poked her head out of the blankets, reaching forward to end the call. As soon as Rory sent Caroline to voicemail, her phone started ringing again. She let out a groan as her head dropped into one of her pillows, burrowing into the soft material. A hand trailed up her back, followed by feather-light kisses reaching up her spine.

"Please answer your phone," Klaus murmured against her skin as his head poked out from beneath the sheets. He rested his chin against her shoulder, kissing the side of her neck gently. "It's rather irritating, and I'd rather not be woken up by that shrill ringing sound."

"It's Caroline," Rory sighed as she grabbed her phone, falling back against the bed. She scrolled through her missed calls and text messages, seeing various exclamation marks. "She wants me to help her with pageant prep—Bonnie bailed and Elena's late. Again."

"Ignore her. Spend the day with me instead," Klaus shifted on top of her, resting his arm over her.

"You don't understand. She'll keep calling and she'll definitely come over," Rory flashed the phone towards Klaus as another text message popped up from the aforementioned blonde, reading out WHERE R U???? The hybrid sighed in a frustrated manner, lowering his head. "Come on, let me go. I need to see Care before she blows a gasket or something."

"Let her. Her screws were always loose anyway. What's another one?" Klaus retorted.

"Nik," Rory shot him a pointed look as she started to sit up. Klaus tugged her back into bed, pushing her back against the mattress. She let out a gasp of both surprise and pleasure as Klaus lowered his head to kiss down her neck, tilting her head back. "I can't be later than I already am."

Rory's phone buzzed against her leg, Klaus picking it out from the sheets. Reading Caroline's name once more, he passed it to Rory. "Answer, then. Tell her you'll be there soon,"

Rory took the phone from Klaus' grip, swiping to answer the call. "Yes, Care. I know I'm late, but—" Rory's sentence cut off as Klaus slid a hand between her thighs, slipping a hand past the seam of her tiny sleep shorts. His fingers teased over the edge of her panties, tugging it in a playful manner. Rory cleared her throat. "—But I woke up a little late."

"Late? Are you insane? It's nine o'clock! Pageant prep starts at eight o'clock sharp!"

"I'm aware of that, Caroline, but I..." Rory trailed off as Klaus pushed her panties to the side, his fingers sliding between her folds. Rory clenched her thighs around Klaus' wrist, a stuttered breath leaving her lips. "I was a little busy last night, you know. Unpacking from Italy, and—" Rory choked as Klaus pressed the tip of his finger against her clit, rubbing at it in slow circles. "—And I wasn't thinking about pageant prep."