𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

❛ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 ❜════ ⋆★⋆ ════

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Klaus and Rory were no Nik and Rory, but somehow, the older Gilbert found that she didn't mind so much. She honestly feared that sinking back into a form of any relationship with Klaus again would be weird and uncomfortable given the past they had with each other, but it was honestly...really easy. There weren't many differences from Nik and Klaus anyway, the two of them were literally the same person—the only difference was Klaus was a little bit more arrogant and was an Original werewolf-vampire hybrid. Other than that, it was like sinking into the same routine—but there was something more open about it this time; like Rory could really trust him. She didn't know what it was, really, but he was a lot more open to sharing his problems with her, as complicated as they were.

The two of them were taking it slow for the time being, simply working on mending their friendship first. Starting over, as easy as they wished it was, was proving to be a little problematic. Especially given past circumstances with Klaus killing Rory's aunt, harming Jeremy Gilbert, and was constantly trying to use Elena's blood to sire more hybrids. There was also the talk of boundaries, where Klaus seems to have none when it came to using Rory's friends for his own gain. But since the kidnapping of Bonnie Bennett, he hadn't really stepped a toe out of line and was determined to make things right.

For that, Rory gives him a point for progress.

Speaking of progress, Rory's affliction with human and animal blood continued, much to both their despair. They took it slow at first with animal blood, considering it was Damon and Stefan's intentions to rid her of the urge to drink from humans, but Rory's insides were pretty much adamant on keeping any form of animal out of her system. Like her body rejected it, Rory was quick to spit it out as if it burned her. Human blood was completely out of the question for now, kept under a lock and key. Rory couldn't even go outside sometimes without the urge to crawl into a hole and die.

And so, Rory steadily drank from Klaus' wrist once or twice every few days. To Rory's surprise, she didn't even have to ask to feed. Klaus was the one steadily offering his hand up to her, wrist-side up. She took it without hesitation, of course—she was never one to turn down a meal. A small side of her thought Klaus enjoyed it a little too much with the way he looked down at her with dark eyes and parted lips, but she was never one to kick a gift horse in the face; especially ones with a face like Klaus Mikaelson.

The click of heels reverberated through the halls of the Mikaelson mansion, making Rory retract her fangs from Klaus' wrist. He leaned forward to brush the blood that was smudged over her chin, turning to greet his sister as she entered. "What took you so long?" he inquired as Rory settled into a comfortable sitting position beside him, knees pulled up to her chest.

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake," Rebekah brandished the last white oak. Rory's lips formed into a small 'o'. She had forgotten about the current predicament with the white oak stakes, as well as Alaric's evil alter ego that had the last one hidden. "Luckily, I'm quite the charmer."