𝟎𝟖

-ˏˋ𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 ˎˊ˗════ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ════

════ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ════

Today felt good. Rory didn't know what it was, but she expected to feel shitty about the fact that she possibly severed all forms of communications with her twin sister, but she felt... surprisingly okay. It took a really long time for her to get to this point—to the point of acceptance that maybe her twin sister wasn't always right. I mean, sure, Klaus did kill aunt Jenna, but aunt Jenna was as much Rory's family as she was Elena's. It was Rory's right to forgive whoever she wanted. And Klaus did technically kill Elena, but John, her father, made sure that Elena came back as a human. Elena was hypocritical in her judgement of Rory's choice of men—Damon was equally as bad as Klaus, if not worse, considering Elena makes him out to be such a good guy. Rory thought the only difference was between Klaus and Damon was that the Original didn't really try to make himself seem like he cared about others; Damon's main goal was to keep Elena alive and he didn't care about who he sacrificed in the line of fire, yet he played off to be everyone's friend. Klaus was black and white: he was good when he felt like being good, but he was evil through and through. At least, to the rest of Rory's friends. Honestly, good and bad just depended on who told the story. Klaus was the villain in everybody else's book, but he was the protagonist in hers.

There was acceptance. Rory wanted to be happy. Klaus made her happy. She can be selfish. End of story.

"Morning," Rory greeted, a cup of coffee in her hand. Her hair was tossed into a sloppy bun, workout clothes on her body. She had just returned from the dance studio, having gotten a gust of inspiration this past week. She didn't know if it was the upward slope of her mental wellbeing since being with Klaus or if it was just herself at peace with her decisions, but she was happy that she could dance again.

"Morning, sweetheart," Klaus greeted. He placed the paint brush back onto the easel, turning to give Rory a kiss on the lips. Rory discarded her gym bag, dropping herself down on the couch. "Did you have a good session?"

"Mm. Didn't completely blank within the first few seconds, so I'm taking that as a good sign," Rory tossed her slides off, pulling her hair out of its bun. "You've been hard at work all morning. It's pretty."

"It looks like a giant snowflake," Stefan Salvatore commented as he entered the art room. Both Rory and Klaus turned to face him, unimpressed at his interruption. Already sensing the mild headache forming between her temples at the sight of the sandy-haired male, Rory sunk deeper into the couch.

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event," replied Klaus, unaffected.

Just then, Adrian, one of Klaus' hybrids entered the room. He looked annoyed to be there, which was a reoccurring theme with the half-breeds. Rory picked her phone out of her pocket, starting to scroll through her social media. "You said it was urgent," Adrian said, crossing his arms over his chest.