𝟎𝟒

[𝐌] — mature content warning in this chapter

[𝐌] — mature content warning in this chapter. feel free to skip over it if you're not comfortable.
-ˏˋ𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍 ˎˊ˗
════ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ════

            Italy was one of the most beautiful places in the world, and Rory couldn't believe that she was actually there. Granted, it was more on the business side of things—Klaus' search for the cure for vampirism—but he was happy to let her lounge in luxury while he did most of the dirty work. By dirty work, he really meant compelling workers to dig up the Hunter's sword at an excavation site that was pointed out by Rebekah. It had been a week since they had flown into Italy, staying at a penthouse suite on the top floor of one of the nicest hotels in the city. All in all, Rory actually felt a little guilty which how much fun she was having. Whilst she was sipping mimosas and waking up to sunny days in a soft bathrobe, Elena was at home struggling to grasp for control over her vampiric urges.

"You're thinking too hard again," Klaus commented as he exited out towards the balcony. Rory lifted her head, shifting the champagne glass in her right hand to her left. Klaus grasped her right hand, pressing a kiss on her knuckles before he sat on the seat across from her. "Sometimes, I wonder what goes on in that little head of yours."

"The same could be said about you—what does the evil Original hybrid think about so often? How does his master mind work?" Rory teased, raising an eyebrow in response. She took a sip from her glass, turning to look out of the balcony. "I'm just thinking about Elena."

"I told you that the reason I brought you here was to forget your problems at home,"

"Well, the actual reason that we're here is for Elena, so don't even try to hide it," Rory gave him a baleful look. "You only want her to get the cure so you can sire more hybrids."

"You're very pointedly forgetting yourself in that equation," Klaus responded.

Rory gave him a small smile. "I'm just thinking... I mean, this is the cure for vampirism. If I were to take the cure and turn back to a human, does that mean I'll have no chance of being a vampire again?" Rory cocked her head. "The point of a cure is to reverse the effects; does that mean that the benefits of having vampires as friends—per example, their blood can heal—won't work on me anymore?"

"You've... thought about this in a very in-depth manner," Klaus frowned, looking over her.

Rory shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just looking at my options right now," she sighed. "Besides, this is assuming there's enough for both Elena and I. What if there's only one cure and I get my hopes up for nothing?"

"You're very pessimistic. Has anyone ever told you that?"

"Yes, actually. Quite a lot," Rory gave him a smile. "Listen, don't worry. I'm not... spiralling or anything. I'm just being logical. If there's one cure, I know you want to give it to me—or at least, you claim you do—but I think the Salvatores would try and get it for Elena instead. And that's fine, because she's my baby sister and she should have priority."