𝟎𝟕

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉 ⌡───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉 ⌡
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

Rory shifts from her left foot to her right as she waits at the nearby bus stop. She tucks a hair behind her ear, a nervous habit she's had since she was nothing but a young girl. A sleek black Bugatti pulls up in front of her, and her boyfriend's smirking face appears as he rolls down the passenger window. She leans forward, peeking her head into his car. It's no secret that Nik is wealthy—everything about him screams expensive and privileged, but it always a surprise for her to see; especially after she's been in a small town like Mystic Falls for the past few weeks, where everyone (sans the Lockwoods) are a little more humble and lowkey in their prestige.

"Miss me already, sweetheart?" Nik teases as he passes the gown to her. She takes it with difficulty in an attempt not to rumple it, holding it over her head. Rory gives him a fond look as he questions again, "And you're sure you don't want me to accompany you to this... Masquerade? I know a thing or two about parties."

"I'm sure, Nik," Rory's lips upturn into a small smile. If it were any other event, she would have let her boyfriend tag along, no problem. But tonight is different—tonight, she had a task to achieve. She just didn't know what exactly. All she knows is that she needs to be at the Masquerade, no matter what the circumstances, "Thank you for the dress, and for coming all the way down here. You didn't need to."

"I was in the area anyway. You know I never turn down the opportunity to see you in a dress," Nik's smirk gets even wider at the flush on Rory's cheeks, "I'll call you tonight?"

"Of course," Rory steps back from the car as Nik rolls up his window again. In a matter of seconds, his car passes her by, and it was like he was never there in the first place.

She sucks in a breath as she clambers into her own car, prepared to drive back to her home. Sometimes, it surprised her how generous her boyfriend was. Sure, he had a lot of money incoming from selling his artwork, but she never expected him to be so open in gift-giving. If she wasn't so adamant on Nik keeping his wealth to himself, then she's sure she'd be showered in gifts more than she already was.

She had told Nik that she was attending a Masquerade ball tonight thrown by the Lockwood family, one of the founding families of Mystic Falls. Nik was quick to insist that she wear one of his sister's dresses that she procured from a popular, unknown (to her) designer. It's also completely coincidental that Nik was in the area and was prepared to drop it off for her in such short notice.

When she pulls over at her house, Matt is stepping out. Rory hugs the dress against her chest, smiling at her close friend, "Hi, Matt," she greets sweetly, Matt giving her a side-hug as she passes by, "Leaving already?"

"Yeah—gotta get ready for the Masquerade at the Lockwood's. I'm guessing you are, too?" Matt gestures to the covered dress Rory holds against her chest.