𝟎𝟏

-ˏˋ𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀 ˎˊ˗════ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ════

-ˏˋ𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀 ˎˊ˗
════ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ════

Honestly, Rory expected more from switching off her humanity. She expected the world to get brighter, the skies to get bluer, the grass greener... she expected everything to be okay. But, honestly, she felt nothing. Absolutely nothing. There was something bittersweet about being released from her emotions—point one being, Rory always had too much. She felt everything extremely intensely, never a grey area in between. Now, with the absence of her emotions, Rory was left alone with her thoughts. But even the darkest thoughts did absolutely nothing to her. Thoughts about Klaus' death, her sister's, anyone's, really, just left her feeling... nothing. Void. Obsolete. Vacant. Hollow. Shall she go on?

Though, the good thing is that she could feed like normal again. She was overruled by her emotions after Damon and Stefan's de-Ripping methods, but now that she couldn't feel anything, she just fed like she would any other day as a vampire. In fact, she indulged herself. There was something so releasing about not feeling guilty about death, especially by her own hands. Rory felt like she could rip the entire world apart until blood soaked the streets and it wouldn't make a dent in her soul. All in all, it was pretty great.

Another thing that was great? Elena was in transition, which meant that Rory could totally shove it in her face.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," Rory pushed her way into her sister's bedroom. Elena let out a groan, her eyes squinting in sensitivity at the sunlight that entered her curtains. "You've had a very busy night."

"Rory?" Elena muttered out. "Oh my god. Matt... is he..."

"Alive?" Rory looked over her shoulder with a hum. "Yup! Your boyfriend saved him. Stefan, I mean. It is Stefan, right? Or is it Damon? I just can't keep up with you these days."

"Why are you talking like this?" Elena stammered. "What's going on? Why does my head hurt... why do I feel like this?"

"Turned off my humanity. Benefit to being a vampire—you can switch your emotions on and off at will; cool, right? Oh, also, you died with vampire blood in your system. Which means..."

"Oh my god. Does-does that mean... am I dead?"

"That's what entails being a vampire. So... yup," Rory nodded, leaning against Elena's dresser.

"No, no, no, no! This wasn't supposed to happen!"

Rory faked a pout. "This would be super upsetting and all... but I really don't care. I just came to rub it in your face, that's all," Rory shrugged. Elena's lips parted in surprise at her sister's cold demeanour. "I mean, if you decide to live through your transition—big if, by the way—then you're going to be a vampire. Just like me. And soon, you're going to start killing people. Just like me. And then, when you cry over your first victim, I'm going to be there over your shoulder, calling you a murderer. Just like you," Rory's lips upturned into a wide smile. "Fun, right?"