𝟎𝟔

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓 ⌡───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓 ⌡
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

Rory's day was pretty much uneventful, finishing up her assignments and texting her boyfriend when she had the time. It wasn't until dinner that she exited her room, rubbing at her tired eyes. Her neck is still in the middle of healing despite the long week she had, but the time had been good for her—now, she could hide it with a high coverage foundation and loose powder.

Jeremy, of course, had freaked out immediately. He demanded answers as soon as she walked into the house, but Rory had convinced him to calm down. If she's being honest, she wished that she could give him some answers. Instead, all she had in her mind was Caroline telling her that a random guy just did this to her out of the blue. Having no choice and no evidence that it didn't happen, Rory has no choice but to believe her.

Nik told her that he would come right to Mystic Falls to pick her up and search for the man that did this to her, but Rory told him that his efforts would be futile. Whoever it was, he's long gone, and it wouldn't matter. Plus, Sheriff Forbes was keeping an eye out for any suspicious behaviour as well.

"Hey, aunt Jenna," Rory greets as she enters the kitchen, seeing the older woman prepare dinner for the night. To her surprise, Alaric is there as well.

Rory is truthfully a little curious about Alaric's relationship with both Jeremy and Elena. Honestly, she wasn't exactly the happiest person to see that their high school teacher was over at their house so often; maybe it was just her, but it seemed a little unprofessional to have their history teacher have dinner at their house, but who is she to judge? Jenna looks happy, so, Rory can't say much.

"Hi, Rory," Jenna greets her warmly.

"Alaric staying for dinner?" questions Rory as she picks out a piece of celery from the salad bowl, biting into it.

Alaric notices the way Rory's eyes trail over his frame. It isn't in a friendly way, neither was it in a mean way. It's a simple gesture that's easy for him to decode: I'm watching you. He can respect that, "I am, thank you. I hope you don't mind," Alaric smiles as friendly as possible.

Rory doesn't give him a response, simply sniffing as she chews on her celery stick, "Where's Jeremy and Elena?"

"I'm here," Elena says as she walks down the staircase. Rory gives her sister a tight, fake smile. The two of them, not for the first time, aren't exactly on the best terms. After Rory's blow-up about Elena hiding things from her last week, Elena hadn't really bothered to talk to her twin, "I don't know where Jeremy is, though."

"He went straight up to his room, he said he wasn't hungry," Jenna says as she holds the phone to her ear.

Rory frowns, "That's ridiculous—I'll bring something up for him to eat," Rory grabs a plate for her brother, starting to pile food onto it. She raises an eyebrow at Jenna bustling around, "Who's she on the phone with?"