𝐗𝐕𝐈

❛ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 ❜════ ⋆★⋆ ════

❛ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 ❜
════ ⋆★⋆ ════

The struggle to get Rory back into drinking human blood was palpable. The first few days, she couldn't even hold the crimson liquid for more than a few seconds in her mouth. She couldn't help it—she was far too frightened. At least one thing's for sure: Damon and Stefan's way of de-ripping a Ripper was effective. So much so that she almost swore off blood completely and told Klaus it was probably better to let her desiccate. Of course, that option was out of the question for the aforementioned hybrid. He was probably the best sport of all, constantly offering his wrist up for feeding when he could see the hunger grow in Rory's eyes. She was too shy to actually ask him for it, so it was up to him to make the first move. He couldn't really say he minded, though—he enjoyed the way the girl would feed from him. Rory's bloodlust was so intriguing, so fascinating for him to bear witness to. Now that she momentarily substituted human blood for his own, Klaus was introduced to a side of her that he never really thought he'd experience; him as the victim, her as the apex predator.

The tale of Rory's escape from the Salvatore cellar did not fall on deaf ears. Elena almost blew a gasket when she found out that her sister was not only set free but was taken by the notorious Mikaelson siblings. Damon's neck was snapped, the raven-haired vampire unable to fight back against Klaus' superior strength. Suffice to say, after the news that Damon had Rory's daylight ring, the hybrid was overcome by anger and struggled not to tear his arms off his shoulders that moment in itself. The fact that Damon got his neck brutally broken—almost twisted off his shoulders, really—was a small mercy that he provided.

The Scooby Doo gang had been quiet; almost suspiciously so. Rebekah pulled Klaus aside one morning, whispering tales about white oak still being available in Mystic Falls. Not wanting to worry the Gilbert girl, both siblings decided to keep their mouths shut. Rory didn't have to worry about another thing—all she needed to focus on was getting better. Her progress was slow, but it was progress. The trauma from the intense torture inflicted on her, a young teenage girl, was a lot for the already-feeble minded to handle. Coupled with her already life-altering issues with anxiety and depression, Rory had another thing to add: PTSD. Life was just a gift that kept on giving, really.

Speaking of the older Gilbert twin, Rory had stepped out of the mansion for the first time in a week. Sunlight scared her at first. When Rebekah pulled open the curtains the day after she was saved, Rory reacted violently, throwing herself off the bed and curling into herself on the floor. It was then that it was clear to Rebekah and Klaus that Rory clearly had issues she needed to sort out, the most prominent one being the biggest obstacle of all. The sun. So, they had given her time to recuperate, to gain her strength and bearings. Once every hour, she would hold her hand out into the light rays that streamed through the curtains. She needed the reassurance that she wouldn't burn like she did back the Salvatore house—the reassurance that she had protection.