𝟏𝟑

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 ⌡───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

It was about 11 am when Rory Gilbert was confronted by her sister and a disturbed-looking Stefan Salvatore in her living room. She held the cup of coffee in her hand, hair in a disastrous-looking bird's nest upon being woken up out of her peaceful sleep. Apparently, both Stefan and Elena were very unhappy with her for asking Elijah to let Katherine go free.

"You do realise that you let a psychotic egomaniac out into human civilisation, right?" Stefan inquired, arms crossed over his chest. Rory yawned in response, rubbing at her eyes tiredly. Stefan didn't even bother realising that she wasn't listening. "I was okay with being stuck in that tomb with her as long as she was with me, paying for what she's done!"

Rory leaned back in the armchair, sipping serenely from her hot cappuccino. She had stayed up far too late last night turning in last minute work after emailing her lecturer that she wouldn't be able to complete it the day before, then promptly forgetting about it again, therefore she had finished it about 10 minutes before her time was up. She had slept at 6 am and was rudely awoken before she was ready to let herself be awake and handle people talking—much less yelling—at her.

"Rory," Elena waved her hand in front of the girl's face. "Rory, are you even listening?"

"Not really," Rory responded truthfully. Elena let out a sigh of disdain as Stefan gave her an incredulous stare. Rory pressed her fingers over her eyelids. "Listen, I don't know why both of you are making such a big fuss over this! I owed Katherine for giving me answers when all of you were being annoying and hiding stuff from me."

"We don't even know where she is; she could be anywhere, feeding from some innocent human," Stefan snapped.

"Well, RIP to that innocent human then," Rory sneered. She was very much not a morning person. She would probably feel bad about that comment later. Elena gave her a shocked look, whereas Stefan rolled his eyes. Rory sighed. "Okay, if there are any murders, all of you can blame me. But, for now, let's just revel in the fact that she hasn't left a dead body on our front doors."

"Why did you make that deal with Elijah?" Stefan demanded. "We can't trust him—we don't know anything about him."

Rory shrugged. "I don't know, he just seems like the kind of guy that's easy to trust. The three-piece suit and the English accent?" Rory sipped at her coffee. "I mean, I'm not a slut, but who knows?"

"Christ, Rory. You know he tried to kidnap us, right?" Elena asked.

"But he didn't. Plus, he gave me this vervain bracelet," Rory pointed to the angel wing charm hanging off her wrist. "You guys didn't even tell me that vervain was able to resist compulsion and burn vampires. Which I'm sure was on purpose, because then you wouldn't have the means to manipulate and gaslight me. Am I right?" Rory asked. No response. "Great. This has been an amazing chat, but I need to get some sleep. Let's talk later."