𝟐𝟐

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔-𝙏𝙒𝙊 ⌡───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

            The soft melodies of Queen's Love of My Life flooded the room as Rory shrugged her jacket off her shoulders. Nik's apartment always smelled like sandalwood and a hint of citrus, both of the scents coming together to create a warm and comforting embrace. Rory enjoyed it a lot — it was one of the things she really liked about coming over instead of the other way around. Her boyfriend was hard at work in the living room, paintbrush trailing over a painted-over canvas.

"Hey," Rory greeted as she placed her bag on the couch. She sauntered towards the older male, wrapping her arms from behind him. She tucked her chin into his shoulder, eyes falling over the newest portrait he had started to paint. "That looks nice, but you didn't get my nose right whatsoever. That's a cute button nose — mine is much bigger."

"Nonsense," Nik placed his paintbrush down on the easel, turning around to face her. He cupped her cheeks in his hand, placing his finger on her nose. "I think your nose is cuter than a button."

Rory scrunched her nose up at his words. "You're so cheesy. When did you get so cheesy?" the brunette questioned as she slid her arms up his chest, looping them around his neck instead. She stroked the back of his neck with her thumb as he gazed down at her. "Have you eaten?"

"I have, thank you. Picked up that sandwich from the café you adored so much," Nik responded as he lowered his head to press a kiss against her lips. He pulled away to lead her to the kitchen, where the takeout box was sitting, ready for her. "I want to give you something."

"Another gift?" Rory gave him a pointed look as she sat on the barstool, opening the takeout container to hold the sandwich between her fingers. "I swear, if it's something expensive again —"

"You know I don't mind spending money on you," Nik cut her off.

"Yes, but I mind. You know your money is your own," Rory rolled her eyes as she bit into her sandwich. Nik reached forward to brush the crumbs from the edge of her mouth. "Okay, I'm ready. Lay it on me."

Nik reached into his pocket, revealing a necklace. The pendant that hung off it had the letter N stamped on it, as well as a dragon curled around the alphabet. It was beautiful and antique-looking, as if it had been passed down from generations. He placed it on the table in front of her, finger brushing under her chin.

"This didn't exactly cost any money — this is a family heirloom of sorts," Nik picked it up by the chain, letting the pendant hang in front of her. "It's... very important to me, and I would like you to have it. But under no circumstances are you to take it off, do you understand?" Nik questioned. Before she could ask why, he strode behind her. He let the pendant fall between her clavicles, clasping the chain over her neck. "It's supposed to... protect you."