𝟎𝟐

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊 ⌡───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊 ⌡
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

The soft tunes of Lana del Rey's Million Dollar Man reverberated through the walls of Rory Gilbert's bedroom, a small hum leaving her lips as her fingers flew over her keyboard. Leave of absences didn't mean she was free from assignments, and though most people thought film school was just shits and giggles, it was more difficult than shown on TV. A small knock on the door sounded, Jeremy's head poking inside.

"Hey, Rory," Jeremy smiled as he entered her bedroom. He was immediately enveloped in comfort—Rory's room was decorated the same since she was a kid, with beige walls and fairy lights seemingly everywhere, Rory had stuffed animals for days, "We're having a carnival tonight at the high school. Do you want to come by?"

"Really? High school?" Rory gave him an unsure look, "No offense, Jer, but I finished school early for a reason," seeing the disappointed face her brother gave her, she quickly jumped to say, "But, if you really want me there, I'll come. Even if it's a lame carnival."

Jeremy's face immediately brightened, "Yeah? I really want you there," he nodded enthusiastically.

"Count me in then, munchkin," Rory stood up from her head, ruffling his hair as she passed by, "Aunt Jenna home? Maybe we could make some dinner before we go."

"Nah, she's out. Again," Jeremy gave her a roll of his eyes. Rory shook her head. Jenna Sommers, despite being their aunt, was a young and lively woman. Of course she had a life of her own, and Rory wasn't going to tell her to devote all her time to taking care of her young nieces and nephew that were perfectly capable of taking care of themselves, "But I've already eaten."

"Where's Elena?"

"Probably out with Damon and Stefan," Jeremy rolled his eyes again.

"Roll your eyes one more time and they're going to get stuck that way," Rory pointed a finger in his direction as she opened the fridge, pulling out a day-old takeout box. It was a pizza from the Grill. She tossed it in the microwave, setting the timer, "Not a fan of the Salvatore brothers, I take it?"

"They're not exactly the ideal company I'd like for Elena," Jeremy responded.

"Wow. Big words for a teenager," Rory teased, "To be fair, I'm not exactly a fan of Damon either, but Stefan seems nice."

"You met them?"

"Mhm," Rory pulled out the pizza, hissing at the slight burn that she got considering it was too hot. She picked it up in her hands anyway, taking a bite, "I met them both the day I got here. Damon went all grabby on me, but Elena was there to call him off."

"And what did he grab exactly?" Jeremy raised a concerned eyebrow.

"Just my arm. Don't worry your cute little head over it," Rory smiled, "I met Stefan at Richard Lockwood's funeral party thing. Elena was there, too. He's cute, she's cute. They're cute."