𝟏𝟔

-ˏˋ𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 ˎˊ˗════ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ════

════ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ════

            Being with Rebekah in New York again felt like a slap to the face. Somehow, she missed this place. Despite only visiting once, she remembered only feeling free here. She was free to feed on whoever without suffering the repercussions, and of course, it helped that both Rebekah and Klaus were there as well, talking her up. It was the same thing now... except Rory had the intent for murder and Klaus was being a scum-sucking whore back in Virginia. Seriously -- he couldn't keep it in his pants for at least a day? I mean, at least when Rory got into bed with Damon, it was for a valid reason. Klaus used her. Rory's brother died, for god's sake! Have the common sense to at least make sure she was out of town first.

"Wow," an unfamiliar voice spoke up from beside her. Rory turned her head, lifting an unimpressed eyebrow at the male that stood across from her. He was considered classically handsome, of course; charming, if you will. He had sandy blond hair, blue eyes. His accent, from what Rory could hear, had a Southern drawl to it. "I'm sorry, you're just really gorgeous. You know, I swear I've seen you on the front page of a magazine or something."

Right. Rory forgot she was in a bar in the middle of New York whilst Rebekah was living it up playing darts. Christ, could her day get any worse?

A sarcastic smile made its way upon Rory's lips. "What's your name?" she inquired, a faux flirtatious tone in her voice.

"Dean," he responded. "What's yours?"

"Well, Dean -- tell me: has that line worked? Like, ever?" Rory cocked her head to the side. "Because you're not impressing me even in the slightest."

Dean gave her a good-natured chuckle. "Alright, I admit. It was far-fetched. But you really are the prettiest girl I've ever seen. How about I buy you a drink, angel face?"

"You're real creative with nicknames, aren't you?" Rory tapped her fingers against the bartop. Her eyes scanned Dean from head to toe, finding that he wasn't that bad looking -- I mean, if she had to spend time with anybody in the bar, he wouldn't be her last choice. Plus, Rebekah seemed to be warming up to a few suitors of her own. "Fine. Scotch, please. Neat."

"Real fancy, aren't you?" Dean gave her a vaguely amused smile as he sat on a barstool, waving the bartender down. "Get this pretty lady a scotch, neat. I'll just have a beer," he requested. The bartender nodded, going off to complete their orders. "So, what brings you to New York?"

"Does anybody need to have a reason to visit the city that never sleeps?" Rory inquired, resting her chin against the palm of her hand. Dean simply shrugged, making her let out a sigh. "An evil man broke my heart, and I'm here to collect the broken fragments. Happy?"

"He must be the worst man alive to break your heart," Dean responded. "Pretty face like yours, I'd think that you have your way with just about anything."