𝟏𝟏

-ˏˋ𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉 ˎˊ˗════ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ════

════ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ════

Rory wakes up to the sound of her phone ringing on her bedside table. She pushes herself into a sitting position, a soft groan leaving her lips. There's a light pounding between her temples, a headache forming due to the minimal amount of sleep last night. She looks to her right and sees Klaus' side of the bed empty, but the sheets were clumsily rucked up—he had slept beside her but left sometime in the early morning. Rory, finally remembering the phone vibrating irritably on her dresser, reaches over and answers the call.

"Hello?" Rory mumbled sleepily.

"Rory!" It's a voice she doesn't expect to hear after not seeing the owner for quite a while. "Rory, you have to help me."

"Damon?" Rory's eyebrows pulled together. "Damon, what's wrong?"

"Your boyfriend's dumb brother happened," Damon spits out. "He compelled me to kill Jeremy."

"Kol? No, he wouldn't," Rory shook her head in disbelief. "He said last night on the phone that he wouldn't touch Jeremy..." Rory trails off, realisation dawning on her face. "And he isn't. He compelled you to do it."

"Yeah, and we all know that he doesn't completely despise you, so could you please find him and get him to undo his compulsion so your brother still has his damn head by the end of the night?"

Rory pressed her fingers against the bridge of her nose, tense. "I don't know where he is—he tried to kill Rebekah last night; he's kind of off his rocker if you didn't already know," Rory snapped. "He's willing to do whatever it takes to make sure this Silas person doesn't get awakened."

"Including getting your brother killed. He'll stop at nothing, Rory. Find him; help me," was the last thing Damon said before the line went dead.

Rory tossed her phone across her mattress, letting out a sigh of frustration. She pressed her fingers against her eyes, willing herself to calm down. She couldn't stand to lose her grip right now—she hadn't seen Jeremy in a while; being close to him wasn't an option after what happened the last time they were in close proximity. Overcome by the Hunter inside of him, Jeremy almost put a stake through her heart. But it doesn't matter, because it's Jeremy. He's her brother.

"Fucking Kol," Rory mutters in an exasperated manner, tossing the covers off herself.

"Oh, absolutely," Kol's voice speaks up from behind her, startling her violently. Rory whirls around to see him standing at the doorway of the bedroom, arms crossed over his chest. "Have you finally come to the realisation that Nik just isn't the one for you?"

"Are you insane?" Rory hisses, tossing her sweater at him angrily. "You compelled Damon to go after Jeremy. My brother."

"You had Nik tell me to leave him alone. I did. I didn't say anything about somebody else going after him," Kol shrugged. "Didn't Elijah tell you enough about the devil in details?"