𝟎𝟏

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀 ⌡───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀 ⌡
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

            Mystic Falls, Virginia. A small town populating only a few thousands, but had history running through its streets worth millions. Aurora Gilbert — nicknamed, and preferred to be called, Rory — wasn't exactly the biggest fan of the town. Not because it wasn't nice, nor was it because it wasn't as big or as "happening" as Chicago, it was simply because her parents had died over a year ago. She didn't like to consider herself somebody that clung onto memories but knowing that your parents died in a quaint little town just like this... it was a little difficult to forget.

But Rory was also a good friend. As soon as she received a phone call from her twin sister, Elena, telling her that one of her closest friends, Caroline, had gotten into a car accident, she forgot all about the fact that she hated that godforsaken town — she was too busy trying to get in contact with Liz Forbes as soon as possible. It was an extremely long drive to get to Mystic Falls, but it was worth it. For Caroline, anything was worth it.

Despite Rory being away for most of the year, she had kept in contact with everyone from her old life. She absolutely adored her little group of friends, having met them when she was just a little girl. So, of course, hearing that one of them was seriously — if not fatally — injured was a huge wake-up call for Rory.

Nobody was immortal.

"Matt!" Rory called as soon as she pushed past the doors of the hospital, seeing the familiar head of blond hair sat outside a hospital room. Matt's head snapped up, eyes widening at the familiar sight of his childhood friend, "Matt, oh my god," Rory's voice was muffled as he pulled her into a hug, her arms tightening around his neck, "Is Caroline okay? Is she safe?"

"She's not doing so good," Matt gave her a sympathetic glance as he pulled away from the hug. He gave her a once over, taking in her attire — she looked fresh out of bed, in a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. Her hair was pulled up into a bun, glasses sitting on her nose, "Jeez, Rory, did you come straight from bed?"

"Yes, of course I did!" Rory sputtered, "I came as soon as I got the call. It's Caroline," Rory let herself fall into a chair next to Matt, pulling him down to sit beside her, "What happened?"

Matt shrugged, "We were driving, and Tyler heard this noise and he got... he got this migraine or something. He lost control of the car, and I thought Caroline was fine," Matt paused as his eyebrows pulled together, "And then she wasn't."

"Shit," Rory whispered, "Matt, that must've been so scary."

"Yeah, it was," Matt confessed, "But that's okay. I got my Rory with me now," Matt gave her a smile as he hooked an arm over her neck, pulling her into his side. She squealed as he ruffled her hair playfully, "I missed you, Ro. I'm so sorry it took something like this to get you back into town. I know after your parents—"