𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

❛ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 ❜════ ⋆★⋆ ════

❛ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 ❜
════ ⋆★⋆ ════

            Rory had never been to Portland. Fine, she'd admit it – when Klaus asked to take her on a trip, she'd accepted almost immediately. Truthfully, she felt guilty even pondering about it at first... but then she realised she didn't exactly want to go home. New York was a blast; she had a great time with Rebekah (the blonde had actually warmed up to her quite a lot throughout their weekend) and she felt like she needed the time away from home. Klaus saw how different she was when she wasn't in Mystic Falls. Rory was less concerned about how she would come off to everyone else; less self-conscious, less anxious... she was just more carefree when she wasn't in Virginia under the watchful gaze of her sister and the Salvatore brothers.

Klaus wasn't stupid enough to believe that he could possibly make up for all that he's done to her with just a simple trip – that was just downright offensive of him to even think – but if he could make her mood increase from 0% to a 1.0%, then he believed that would be enough for him. Call him selfish, but he did quite enjoy it when Rory was happy. Plus, Portland was a fantastic place to create hybrids; with Elena's blood stashed away, Klaus had created more than over 50 of him. He got to spend time with a girl he had grown fond of and complete his master plan. All in all, it was quite the week for the Original hybrid.

"I don't understand," Rory muttered as she trekked through the forest with him, the leaves crunching under her boots. Her arms were wrapped tightly around herself as she swatted away at the mosquitos trying to leech off her blood. "I know that we're supposed to stick together and all, but I don't know why I have to come with you when you create your hybrids. The transformation is scary; I don't like it."

"Well every time I leave you alone you end up getting bored and calling me an hour in," retorted Klaus, barely sparing her a glance. "I'd like not having to turn back and pick you up, thus repeating this conversation for the thousandth time with the same resolution—you can't be alone, and I can't leave you alone. Are we done?"

"Your tone is patronising," Rory scowled.

"You're easy to patronise," Klaus responded. His phone buzzed in his pocket, causing the hybrid to pick the device out. He let out a curious hum. "It's your favourite person—Stefan," he gave Rory a smirk when she rolled her eyes. He picked up the call, not even bothering with a hello. "Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy-looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"Where's Rory?" was the first thing that Stefan asked. Rory's advanced hearing picked up his voice easily through the phone. Klaus turned to face her with an inquisitive look, to which Rory furiously shook her head—she's been telling Elena that she was at Venice, taking a small break for herself.

"How would I know, Stefan? You know she isn't the biggest fan of me. Perhaps she's taking a stroll in the park, or doing whatever Rory does," Klaus replied.