𝟏𝟏

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉 ⌡───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉 ⌡
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

            The soft sounds of Rory's fingers pressing over her laptop keyboard are the only thing that fill the room at 2 AM. She's tempted to play music, but she knows that everyone in her house is asleep and she needs to turn in this assignment... fast. She regrets doing her work at the last second again, but what was a procrastinator if they didn't finish their papers a day before?

Her fingers hover over the keys when she hears a door slam from the other end of the hall. Her eyebrows pull together as she stands up slowly, making her way towards her door. She pulls it open, seeing nothing but an empty hallway. Her fingers creep towards the Yankee Candle on her nightstand as some form of protection, her feet padding over the hardwood floors as she makes her way towards Elena's room to check.

A throat clears from behind her, and Rory lets out a screech of surprise as she whips around. Her arm holds the candle out in defence uselessly, brown eyes widened in alarm. Alaric Saltzman stands before her, clad in only a pair of boxers. She slams her hand over her eyes with a groan.

"Come on, man," she mutters, "No one wants to see that shit."

Alaric lets out a nervous laugh, unable to give her a proper explanation. It was no secret that the older Gilbert twin is not a fan of him staying over as often at her house as he likes, and truthfully, they haven't really bonded so they weren't as close. Had it been Elena that caught him in such a compromising position, perhaps he wouldn't have been so embarrassed.

Jenna walks up the stairs, a flush on her cheeks, "That was us. I'm sorry," Jenna says apologetically.

"We didn't think anyone else was up," Alaric attempts to reason.

"But here you are," Jenna smiles awkwardly.

"We were just..." Alaric trails off, before he lets out a sigh. He holds out an ice cream bowl towards Rory, "Chunky Monkey?"

"No," Rory deadpans.

"Right," Alaric nods his head, holding the ice cream bowl to his chest once more, "Well, I'm naked. So, I'm going to go."

"You go do that," Rory gives him a sarcastic smile as he returns back to Jenna's bedroom. The older woman walks up the stairs hesitantly, giving a look to her older niece. Rory lets out a breath, crossing her arms over her chest, "He makes you happy?"

"Yes," Jenna responds with honesty.

"Then I guess I'll sacrifice my eyesight," Rory rolls her eyes, Jenna leaning forward to give her a hug. Rory smiles against Jenna's shoulder, rubbing at her back, "I hope you stay happy for a long, long time aunt Jenna. You deserve it."

"I love you, Rory," Jenna presses a kiss against Rory's temple.

The two women separate to their rooms for the night, blissfully unaware of the male stranger that resided in Rory's bathroom, scouring through her belongings.