𝟐𝟏

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔-𝙊𝙉𝙀 ⌡───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

Rory didn't waste a second after finding out what Katherine had told her. After promptly begging her to reveal the location of the sacrifice, adrenaline rushed through Rory's veins as she sprinted down the road to the Quarry. Not Jenna, the small voice in her head repeated. Not Jenna, anybody but Jenna.

"Jenna!" Rory screamed as she tore through the trees. Her breaths came out in short, sharp pants as she attempted to search for her aunt. Her eyes fell on the bright light flickering near the waterside, and she immediately made way for it. She let out a gasp at the sight of Elena and Jenna, the latter of the two sitting up drowsily. "Oh my god, Jenna!"

"Oh, my head," Jenna winced as Rory fell to the ground next to her. "What's wrong with me?"

"Do you remember what happened?" Elena questioned as Rory help Jenna sit up, tears gathering at her eyes.

"You called me—you were so scared. Oh, ah... I should have realised that it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me... a vampire," Jenna whispered.

"Klaus," Rory's voice trembled. "It was Klaus."

"He made me drink his blood. And I don't... I don't remember anything after that," Jenna's eyes flickered around anxiously. Her gaze averted to Rory. "Rory, he said that you were at home with him... are you okay? Where are we? What happened?"

"It's okay, aunt Jenna," Rory took Jenna's hands in hers. "It's okay, you'll be okay."

"We're at the Quarry. Klaus took us here," Elena responded.

"Why don't I remember anything?"

"Jenna, do you remember... when I told you how someone becomes a vampire?" Elena questioned.

"Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's..." Jenna trailed off as her eyes flickered in recognition. "Oh, god. He killed me."

"Aunt Jenna, listen to me," Rory grasped Jenna's cheeks in her hand. Her voice trembled as she spoke. "Everything's going to be okay. You are safe. I'm-I'm going to get you out of here," Rory's pulled her into a standing position. "I'm so sorry. This is my fault—"

"I'm a vampire?" Jenna whispered in disbelief. All of Rory's words flew over her head.

"And I bet you're hungry," Greta stated as she approached the trio. Greta's eyes flickered to Rory, a smirk on her lips. "Boss man said you weren't to get harmed... but I'm sure he wouldn't mind a little bruising."

With a flick of Greta's wrist, Rory was sent a couple of feet away. Rory let out a gasp of pain as her back slammed against the ground, Greta throwing a ring of fire around her. Rory stood up, attempting to rush back towards her aunt's side, but an invisible wall held her back. Elena tried to do the same, but Greta conjured a similar circle of flames around both her and Jenna.